"A-Zhan!"

A sturdy voice embraced his ears.

"Bowen Shushu!" Xiao Zhan got up and greeted his uncle. "You're early today."

"A-Zhan. How are you? Are doctors inside?"

The two of them sat on the empty chairs in the waiting room.

"Yes, they are checking on him. What did you bring me today?" Xiao Zhan asked excitedly.

"I don't know what it is. Jiyang didn't let me have a peek."

"Oh? Should I be scared then?"

"Not more than me."

And they both shared a mild laugh. Pleasant silence dawned on them. If it were summer, the sun would be on peak in few hours.

"A-Zhan, I completed the file." Li Bowen called for his attention.

"Already?"

"You still need to have a look at it, so I can finalize it." Li Bowen gave him the yellow covered file.

"I see. I will read it tonight and return to you tomorrow." Xiao Zhan took the file and skimmed over it.

"Y-You can come back home." Li Bowen lowered his gaze, as if apologizing through his eyes. Xiao Zhan stared at the title of the big file.

Wang Yue

The euphoria of spring would come, even if the storm is neck high, even if the blizzard is a wall, even if all dreams are nightmares. That was his vow now.

He glanced at the ring in his finger and smiled,

"My home is right here – it's him."

Li Bowen nodded his head and in silence left him in peace. He was about to open the yellow file again, but he spotted the doctors coming out of the room.

"Doctor! How's he?" Xiao Zhan got up almost instantly. His almond orbs searched for answers. The two doctors exchanged a glance and finally the senior doctor bring forth his hand to give something to Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan received the little jewel.

"Mr. Xiao, I have said it many times, do not put the ringer or any form of accessory on your husband. These things are sharp and can cause abrasion." The doctor scolded.

Xiao Zhan lowered his head, he whispered,

"But today is our one-month anniversary..."

The senior doctor put his hand on Xiao Zhan's shoulder, gesturing him to look up. With a smile he said,

"Mr. Xiao, would you accompany me to my office?"

Xiao Zhan nodded and followed the senior doctor into his office.

The office was plain and white, with two green plants placed at the corner. There were some anatomical charts pasted on the board. As compared to the corridor, it was warm and cozy.

"Have a seat Mr. Xiao."

The senior doctor signaled him to sit.

"Doctor Yu Feng, how is Yibo now?" Xiao Zhan blurted out anxiously.

Doctor Li Yu Feng scanned some files on his computer. A paper from here and there till it became a thick file. He handed the green covered file to Xiao Zhan.

"Doctor Yu Feng, even if you give me the files, I can't really understand these. Tell me, is Yibo alright? When will he wake up again?"

Li Yu Feng was silent for a while, calculating the words he was going to phrase. The more time, he took, the more his heart raced. Xiao Zhan clutched to the both rings in his hand, he told himself to search for the good news, reflect positivity but the upright news didn't come.