The sharp shrill cry of his cousin – Chen Zhuo Xuan – startled them. Even the gift he bought for her birthday slipped from his hand and broke.

If Xiao Zhan would close his eyes, he could still see the tear-filled terrified, disgusted expression on her face.

You're not normal! She shouted.

You're sick. Resonated.

If Wang Yibo wasn't by his side, he was sure that he won't be able to handle the surge of pain he felt at that time. Song Jiyang dragged hysterical Chen Zhuo Xuan away while Li Bowen kept apologizing, bowing like a mechanical doll.

What had happened that caused his beloved sister to behave this way? Did she not like him anymore?

No, Xiao Zhan didn't want to conclude, he didn't want to have a reason to fall back, so he marched ahead.

XuanXuan...

I hate you!

It hit him like the thunder on a rainy day. Xiao Zhan was so much in a daze that he didn't even realize when Wang Yibo pulled him out of the mansion. Li Bowen accompanied them, apologizing without a breath. But what really impacted the fissure of his glass heart was the reminder that Li Bowen gave him.

Your body is different A-Zhan.

If he could elaborate the sensation he felt at that moment, he would define it with a big bell ringing right next to his ears, waking up his dormant fears. How different was his body? That he didn't have a kidney? Or that he no longer knew which line to walk on? He could no longer define himself between the two major categories. Then what is the place called, where he currently stand on?

Ugly. A single word out of their mouth and a person would spend a whole lifetime trying to change it.

Li Bowen offered to pay for them to stay in the hotel, but Wang Yibo didn't let him, and they parted ways.

I'm sorry!

Was the last word he said before he went back to the Wei Mansion. In the maze of confusion, Xiao Zhan was lost in thoughts.

There was a headline about him on the news.

It was played for brief amount of 15 seconds but something so bizarre doesn't take much time to spread around the world.

Now the whole world know of Wang Yue. Their precious pearl.

Wang Zhucheng and Zhang Jing Tong did their best for the damage control. They could remove the pieces of evidence but not the memories of the people and hatred of the society.

"Good Morning Mr. Xiao." The nurse woke him up from the stupor of the past.

"Ah! Good Morning." Xiao Zhan got up and greeted.

"Mr. Xiao, Doctor Yu Feng is coming for a check-up please wait outside." The nurse was middle aged woman, her voice was calm and reassuring. Xiao Zhan bowed his head and stepped out.

In the waiting area, Xiao Zhan saw the progression of the day. How doctors rush from one room to another. How patients come and go and how family members cry in despair.

Some fear death while some pray for death. But why do we all cry when it's a fate we all share?

The more you love someone, the deeper the stamp is.