[ thirty five ]

[m/n] widened his eyes, his face more pink than anything. Sunwoo had a strong look of determination in his eyes, and [m/n] knew for sure at that moment that Sunwoo really, really liked him. [m/n] was quiet, looking down at his hands. But ultimately, he liked Sangyeon. He wanted to be with Sangyeon. But [m/n] doubted he'd get anywhere with him — so he decided to give up on Sangyeon.

"Sunwoo," [m/n] began softly as he took his face mask off, "why me? I haven't done anything special to make you like me."

"But that's the thing," Sunwoo smiled. "You didn't have to do anything. You were just yourself, and I fell in love. After that first kiss, I slowly started to really like you, and I love you for that."

[m/n] was quiet again before he spoke. "I told you, I'm not tied down — okay? I'm not responsible if your heart gets broken."

"But I'm telling you so that my heart doesn't get broken," Sunwoo said quickly. "[m/n], I just want one chance. Just one. To make you love me. We can do something, and I'm sure I'll make you happy. Please."

[m/n] turned to him eventually. "Sunwoo, I—"

Sunwoo grabbed his wrist and put their lips together, conjoining them in a soft kiss. [m/n] widened his eyes and attempted to pull away, but Sunwoo's hand rested gently against his waist and tugged him forward, being as gentle as possible. [m/n] relaxed, and kissed Sunwoo back. Sunwoo's embrace was soft and warm — [m/n] felt safe in his arms.

Sunwoo eventually pulled away, slowly letting go of [m/n]'s waist. [m/n] looked down, tears forming in his eyes. "Sunwoo, I'm not sure if I feel the same. You're not hearing me…"

"I don't care if you don't feel the same," Sunwoo told him. Tears were forming in his own eyes as well. "I'll love you regardless. I get it, you probably like that asshole Juyeon more than you'd like me. Probably because he can satisfy you in bed, huh?"

"Sunwoo, that's not what this is about," [m/n] said quickly, his eyes widening. "Sunwoo, I genuinely like people too, you know? Juyeon was the first time I ever had sex with someone, and I regret letting him take me so easily. I don't want that to be my reputation. Juyeon caught me off guard when I was lonely and upset, and I guess I wanted love for that night. Please don't ever think of Juyeon and I as a thing. It happened once."

Sunwoo sighed, quickly wiping his eyes. "You know… you're the first person I've liked like this. I mean, I liked Haknyeon hyung, but you're the first person to make me love like this." He smiled softly, but weakly. "But it's fine. You don't have to love me."

"Sunwoo, stop this." [m/n] grabbed his hand quickly. "I told you to give it time. Maybe I'll like you back. Maybe we can… fall in love. But it's clear that we're both still hurting from love. Give it time."

Sunwoo gently placed his lips to [m/n]'s forehead, a soft smile decorating his expression handsomely. "I'll wait for you."