[ thirty ]

[m/n] somehow felt conflicted as he spent his day with the couple. It didn't feel like it was just the two of them. Even while they were at a cafe, Kevin nudged up to him and Chanhee fed him of his strawberry shortcake. They were warming up to him, and it was less subtle than he expected. [m/n] didn't know how to feel about the two, but he had to admit, they were really cute with one another. He found it absolutely adorable when they had their moments, but it made him feel single.

They just finished up at another cafe, and [m/n] had to do the payment since he was the only fluent one. "I'm going to the bathroom, don't wait up on me," Chanhee announced as he stood up. [m/n] and Kevin were left alone at the table, a stiff silence surrounding them.

Kevin spoke up first. "Are you enjoying today, [m/n]?"

The other looked at him, a smile forming on his lips. "Today was fun so far. I didn't think I'd have this much fun with a couple, but you two aren't so bad."

Kevin was smiling softly. "Chanhee likes you, you know."

[m/n] frowned in confusion, his smile disappearing. "Huh?"

Kevin hummed, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know what he meant either. But my assumption is that it's because you're so pretty."

"But…" [m/n] began, his tone confused, "you two are dating. H-how… how can he like me? Hyung, I'm confused."

"God, you're so daft, it's actually cute," Kevin laughed slightly. "[m/n], we like you. It may seem a little weird — okay, a lot weird — but yeah, we've been thinking about it, and we wanted to get closer with you. You're really pretty, and Chanhee wondered what it'd be like to have… you by our side."

[m/n]'s cheeks were burning red as he stared at Kevin in shock. He was honestly flattered, but he didn't want to intrude. He already had two guys after him — to think that two more gave him a bit of a headache. "Hyung, I… I don't know. Uhm… this has never happened before. I've never even thought about being poly. I mean… you're really handsome, so I might sway, but…"

"Don't give me false hope, [m/n], give me an answer," Kevin said. "But don't think too deeply about it for now. Let's just enjoy our day together on our, as Chanhee said earlier, 'triple date'. We still have three more stores to check. After that we'll get a late lunch."

Chanhee soon returned to them, giving his card to [m/n] so that he could pay for the drinks, but [m/n] declined, stating that he'd pay for it. With the new knowledge of their feelings for him, [m/n] felt strange. He was now fully aware that it was a date for all three of them, not just the couple. He wanted to pull his own weight as well, wanting to impress them too. For some reason, he was more enthusiastic. He didn't want to give them 'false hope', per se, but he wanted to give them a proper date.