[ twenty six ]

Juyeon sat in the car beside the window, while Hwanwoong sat in between him and [m/n]. The drive was slightly awkward, especially between the two brothers. [m/n] didn't know how to react to the news of his younger brother having slept with someone. Even [m/n] hadn't engaged in anything like that, and he was slightly disappointed in his brother.

"The restaurant isn't too far from where we're staying, but I'm wearing heels," Mrs Yeo commented with a smile.

"In that case, I'm going home early," [m/n] muttered more to himself, but only so that his mother could hear.

"How was your day today, [m/n]? I hope you weren't playing around in the rain," Mrs Yeo smiled. "We can't have you getting sick while we're on holiday, okay?"

"[m/n] stays indoors most of the time, even when he's with us," Juyeon joked with a slight laugh. "He made eleven friends and he still sticks to himself most of the time, or to Sangyeon hyung."

"Not true, I'm good friends with all of you," [m/n] smiled, reaching over to punch Juyeon's arm.

"You know, I keep saying that [m/n] should spend time with his brother too, but he never takes Woongie anywhere with him," his mother complained. "Hwanwoong barely knows anyone in Japan, and hasn't brushed up much on his studies of the language either. He can barely make friends here."

"[m/n] was just fortunate to catch an entire group of Koreans, that's all — it's not Hwanwoong's fault, though," Juyeon said. "Maybe, one day, Hwanwoong can join us on one of our dumb adventures on the beach."

"Oh, um, I'm fine, don't worry about me — I do have friends here, Mom and Dad are just… too busy to see them," Hwanwoong smiled. "Besides, [m/n] doesn't like it when I bother him."

"We're here," Mr Yeo announced as he parked the car outside of a building. "I already reserved a table, so we can head right in."

"I'd like to know more about your so-called friends once we get inside, [m/n]," Mrs Yeo smiled as her husband got out to open her car door. [m/n] rolled his eyes slightly, getting out of the car as well. Hwanwoong got out on his side as well.

"Is he the guy you kissed?" Hwanwoong asked softly.

[m/n] frowned, shaking his head rapidly. "God forbid it's Lee Juyeon hyung. I will never give him that satisfaction."

"[m/n], Hwanwoong, we're going in," Juyeon called out, waiting for [m/n] to join his side so that they could walk into the restaurant. "This place seems really high-end."

"My dad probably organised some corporate thing without telling us," [m/n] sighed. "We're gonna have time to ourselves, and we might even be able to leave early. I don't want to be here."

"At least try to enjoy your time with your family," Juyeon said, nudging [m/n]'s side. "Then maybe we can walk home together. I'll make an excuse, and we can walk together."

[m/n] sighed softly. "Why did you have to win the game? Honestly, I'd prefer Sunwoo."

Juyeon grabbed his wrist, tugging [m/n] against his chest. The shorter boy bumped against his chest and looked up, his cheeks immediately burning red. "Keep talking like that I'll make sure you can't walk tomorrow."