Chapter 25 - Relizations

When school got out for the day, Emma met up with Hugo on the steps, a little surprised to not see the silver Renault-Sedan waiting out front for them. Instead, Emma recieved a text from Adrien.

(Dad - Bit busy at the moment. Won't be able to pick you and your brother up. Got you a ride with the Couffaines. Don't worry about Louis.)

(K.)

"Dad cant get us today. Apparently he set us up with a ride from the Couffaines."

"Wait what!?" Hugo yelped when he heard the news. Before either if them could go on, they were interrupted.

"Hugo! Emma! Come on, get in! " The Agreste siblings turned their heads toward the vehicle. It was a blue 508 Peugeot. In the driver's seat sat Luka. After a moment of hesitation, the siblings jogged down the stairs and up to the car. "Hey guys. Your dad sent me to pick you up. Said he was in the middle of something and needed some help." 

"Thank you Mr. Couffaine." Hugo said politely sliding into the backseat and closing the door behind him. 

"Hey guys." Cecily greeted with a bright smile. Hugo couldn't help the blush that spread on his face, he just hoped that no one had taken notice of it. Unfortunately, everyone had. Lucky for him, Luka wasnt the type of dad that threatened boys with a death wish when they approached his daughter. Though the same couldn't be said for Adrien, Hugo, or Louis when it came to Emma. The ride home was peaceful, though a bit awkward. Ever since Hugo and Cecily had started hanging out more, the two families had been in more contact with each other. Mostly Luka and Adrien, as they were often sorting out rides for either Hugo or Cecily when the two wanted to get together. Arriving at the house, Hugo and Emma said one last goodbye and thank you before heading inside. 

"We're home!" Emma cllaed out as she stepped in. She knew both of her parents hadnt planned to leave the house that day, at least she wasnt aware that they did. Marinette was supposedly working on a new design in her home office and Adrien would be doing paperwork in there with her. It was technically, Mari's studio, but both adults used the space as their personal headquarters for the brand. When their was no answer, Emma made her way to the studio only to find her parents gone. Looking room to room, Emma had no luck in finding the couple. Hugo did the same, also a bit confused. He was planning on doing what Cevily had suggested and talk to his parents, but that would be impossible if they were missing. Coming upon the master bedroom,  Hugo ran his hand along the trim of the doorframe as he peeked in. Still no sign of Adrien or Marinette. However, when he noticed their window was open he entered into his parent's bedroom. In the boy's mind, there was no doubt that his parents had transformed and left the house either to confront or stalk Monarchtress. Except, why did they leave the window open? Seemed like a lazy move when it came to the security of the house. Then again it was on the second story. What Hugo didnt realize was that it was a habit of his father to leave the window open when he left as Chat Noir. Feeling uneasy about his parents getting back into hero work, Hugk backed away from the window and sat down on Adrien's side of the bed. Hugging a  decorative pillow to his chest, he just began to think. It wasnt too long later that his sister appeared in the doorway of the room.  "I couldn't find them downstairs. You?" Hugo shook his head. He heard Emma sigh before she too stepped into the room, tracing her fingers along the edge of the vanity. She stopped breifly when she lifted her hand to pick up a framed picture of Adrien and Marinette. It wasnt one she recognized, but on further observation, it was clearly one of the last red carpet photos the two had taken before they defeated Hawkmoth and purposefully dropped out of the spotlight. That's when the realization came. It had been years since her parents fought against her grandfather. Adrien and Marinette may be experienced, but did they have the agility they still required. Sure, they were both in good physical condition,  but Emma doubted that they were as agile as they were when they were her age. Also, what about Monarchtress? Yeah, Emma and Hugo were yet to find out who she was, but if their parents knew who she was from their teen years, then surely it would be the same. The fact that the Agrestes had kids was also sure to slow them down over the years, and Monarchtress's civilian life was unknown, so there was no telling what she'd be able to do. Was this decision the right one after all? Emma started to feel sick to the stomach. She didnt want to have to imagine anything happening to her mother or father. Clutching her stomach she turned back to Hugo, who must have been thinking the same thing. How her brother reached the conclusion, she didn't know, but for as long as she could remember, Emma and Hugo had always been close. Becoming Lady Chat and Little Bug had just brought them even closer.  Another gut feeling rushed over the girl and it wasnt a pleasing one.  Just by looking into each other's eyes, it was clear that once again their train of thought was on the same track. 

"Mom and Dad are in trouble." Emma stated. Hugo leapt to his feet and tossed the pillow aside. With a determined hum and nod of his head. Emma and Hugo turned on their heels and made a beeline for the door. Sprinting into the hall, down the stairs, and out the front door, Emma and Hugo had one thought in mind. Find Mom and Dad.