Chapter 8 - A Reamerging Threat

Lila briskly walked ahead of the officers, the heavy prison doors loudly snapping closed. Gabriel Agreste had been locked up tight after Ladybug and Chat Noir found out his identity and managed to defeat him.  Her high heels clacked on the cracking pavement,  the high cement walls giving off a creepy and mysterious vibe. The police escorts stopped at a large high security door. Lila assumed this is where they kept Gabriel, a.k.a. Hawkmoth, whioe he was there serving a large number of years. Due to his age, many wondered if the sentence had enough years that it could have a been more like a life sentence. Lila waited as the cops unlocked the security door.

"Agreste, you have a visitor." The officer announced stepping back outside the door and standing post by it. Lila entered and parked herself in front of the dusty old prison cell. Gabriel was still tall and nimble. His platinum blonde hair now almost completely gray as it laid loose above his ears. The elder man's once bright blue eyes now a dull shade sunk beneath a thick foggy gloss. 

"You requested to see me?" Lila asked a sharp tone of attitude in her voice.

"Yes, I wanted to speak with you, about some.......family matters?" Gabriel chose his words carefully fully aware of the cops outside hs door. The old man pushed one of his hands through the bars and motioned for Lila to come closer. The woman glanced behind her at the cops before stepping forward and leaning her ear toward Gabriel's lips.

"I want to pass the miraculous on to you." He whispered. Lila was surprised, she thought that after Gabriel was defeated, the butterfly had been returned to Ladybug. She wondered why Chat Noir and Ladybug had still been running around after Gabriel was taken to prison. They had probably figured out it was a fake and were doing their best protect Paris against a still lingering threat of akumas. He must have known what she was thinking and clarified for her.  She was right, it was a fake. The elderly man reached into his bright orange pocket and pulled out the purple broach. The real one. Making sure the officers were not watching them, Gabe placed the breach in Lila's hand. The woman looked at the pin briefly before stashing it in her purse. 

"Once you have Chat and Ladybug's miraculous use them to wish me free. When I return home, I will take the miraculous from you and use them to make the wish that I've wanted to make for years." Gabriel explained, his voice husky and sinister.

"What's in it for me?" Lila complained, popping her hip and fusing her hands to them. 

"The popularity you've always wanted." Agreste cooed. Lila thought for a moment, before nodding her head. She turned on her heels to leave,  ut abruptly stopped by Gabriel.

"Wait! Lila?" Gabe called. Lila turned to him, her red orange brown eyes resting on his sorry state.

"How's Adrien?" Gabriel still didn't know that his own son had been Chat Noir and was genuinely curious on how his only son was doing. Twenty eight years was plenty of time for Gabriel to reflect on how much he had neglected Adrien. Sometimes he knew his heart had been in the right 0lace for the boy, but majority of the time he was being hard on him.

"I haven't seen him in years, but I do know that he works as a photoshoot organizer for a special fashion company. Rumor is it's his wife's." Lila mentioned. Adrien got married!? This was first time Gabriel had ever heard anything about this. After his arrest it was like his son had turned his back on him. The senior Agreste had requested many times to speak with son, but Adrien had refused to come. Now he was really beginning to wonder what he was missing in the outside world.  

"Thanks, for ....letting me know." Gabriel stammered as he shrunk down to sit on his bed, his hands falling between his knees. Lila made her exit, she had work to do. Lila stepped out of her taxi in front of her home. The very home that had ince belong to Gabriel and Adrien all those years ago. After the arrest, the home was inherited by Adrien. The young man didn't want it, he was already planning on settling into a small apartment down the street from his girlfriend. He was trying to get rid of every memory of this while incident, though he knew he never would. The mansion went up for sale, and somehow Lila was able to purchase it. It was hers now. Everything was left as it was in the home, the only change being the person living within it. Lila lived alone with nothing but two small songbirds and a countless array of furniture. Not long before the arrest, Gabriel had taught Lila all the secrets to the miraculous areas in his home. He could tell that his defeat was near and he needed someone to replace him while he was away. Weirdly, he hadn't passed the miraculous on to her till now. The woman made her way up to the lair. She retrieved the broach from her purse and pinned it in the center of the collar on her v-neck tan sweater. Once it was fastened Nuroo appeared.

"Finally, someone new. Hopefully, I'll be used for good." The little kwami sighed in relief. Too soon.

" I have doubts." Lila smirked. Before Nuroo could say anything more, he was cut off by Lila.

"Nuroo, dark wings rise" Lila  stood in a powerful stance, her arms flexing. Nuri was sucked back into the broach.Lila spread her arms like a bird's wings and spun as her suit emerged on her body. She brought her hands to her face and laid her fingers over her eyes. Her fingers tilted down and revealed her mask. Her arms made a v- shape behind her head, her hands reaching for the sky. The famous Hawkmoth staff taking form in her right hand.Cocking her leg forward, Lila brought her hands down. Only to pose with her left hand on her popped hip and the right leaning over the staff. A new force had arisen from the shadows, only to wreak havoc on Paris once more.