60

"Oh Jesus, boys." Janine complained. "You've just tread dirt all into the house."  Sam and Kieran looked at the muddy footprints they'd left from the front door to the kitchen.

"I'll clean it up," Sam replied, setting the shovel down by the sink. Kieran followed suit.

"Where have you two been?" Madison asked. She was sat at the table, talking to Janine who was holding Mia, slotting shapes into a wooden box. Sam grinned, walking over and pulling faces at Mia, pinching her cheek.

"We've been digging graves," he said in a playful voice to Mia who giggled. "Yes we have."

"Don't touch her, your hands are filthy," Janine said, batting him away. 

Sam rolled his eyes. "It's good for their immune system," he replied, turning the tap on and rinsing the dirt from his fingernails to stop her moaning. Janine shook her head, wiping the smudge from Mia's cheek. Jase came back downstairs, tucking his bandana into his black jogger pocket. Both he and Madison were dressed in all black, ready for the night. 

He pointed at Madison. "You, come with me," he said, wiggling his finger in a beckoning motion. Madison sent Janine a mock worried look but stood up, following him upstairs. They walked into the bedroom. "Close your eyes," he ordered and she did as he said. A few seconds later, she felt cloth trailing along her face, over her nose and mouth and tightened round the back. "I figured if you were going to do my job with me tonight then you may as well look the part." Madison opened her eyes and laughed. He had tied a matching bandana around her face so her eyes were the only thing on show.

"Most girlfriends get necklaces," she said. He smiled, stepping behind her and lacing his arms around her.

"Girlfriend. I like that." She hummed, leaning back into him, closing her eyes before they sprang open again.

"Wait, why are we wearing bandanas? They know what we look like," she said. Jase chuckled.

"This isn't to protect our identities you donut, this is so we don't get any dirt in our mouths when we're burying them." She turned, looking up at him and smiling behind the black material.

"You think of everything."

"I've been doing it long enough. There's nothing worse than getting a gritty tongue." He pulled the bandana down to kiss her, crouching slightly and hoisting her up. Madison wrapped her legs around him, giggling into the kiss as he laid her down on the bed. His hands slid up her t-shirt and gripped her waist. Madison lifted her hips, pulling him into her. He stopped kissing for a moment.

"What is it with murder and turning you on?" he half joked. Madison shrugged.

"I guess I'm just messed up in the head." Jase raised his brows.

"Huh, you don't say." She giggled again, tugging his t-shirt by the collar to have him meet her lips again before pulling it over his head. Jase was unbuttoning her jeans already, practically ripping them off her legs as she removed her own t-shirt. 

And then there was a knock on the door.

Jase buried his head in Madison's neck, trying not to cuss out whoever was on the other side. Madison sniggered.

"Jase, you've got a call," Sam called. Jase flopped to the side, running his fingers through his curls in frustration. Madison chewed her lip, sitting up and straddling him.

"Tell them to call back in ten minutes," she replied. Jase's jaw dropped.

"Ten?" he squeaked quietly. Madison smirked.

"Five?" she whispered. He shook his head, grinning at her playfulness and flipping her back underneath him.

*

Janine looked up from playing with Mia in the living room, her brows raised and a knowing smirk on her face. Madison returned it guiltily, sitting down on the sofa whilst Jase went out into the kitchen where Sam and Kieran were. He picked his phone up from the table, the screen read one missed call.

"That's alright mate, we'll handle shit while you have your fun," Sam joked. 

Jase smiled. "Hey, I could die tonight, cut me some slack." Sam laughed. Kieran was quiet. Quieter than usual. Jase looked at him, a concerned expression on his face. "You alright mate?" he asked. 

Kieran just nodded. "Yeah, I'm gonna head back to mine for a bit. I think I need a little time before everything gets started," he mumbled. Jase nodded.

"No worries man. We'll keep you updated." He left and Sam and Jase looked at each other.

"Do you reckon he's good?" Sam asked to which Jase shrugged, redialling the number he'd missed a call from.

"He's never taken part in anything like this before, I dare say digging the graves has got to him a bit."