Chapter 14 - Of Thoughts & Jealousy

Start from the beginning

***

Josh just finished a phone call with one of his business partners when his door suddenly opened, revealing Leah, his ex, who kept trying to get back with him. "What do you want, Leah?" the sight of her already giving Josh a headache.

"You blocked my number, Paxton?" she asked him while confidently walked to his desk. "I did, and what about it?"

Suddenly, Leah sat on the desk in front of him, looking flirty and all. Usually, Josh would play along, but lately, he didn't have the desire to even come to a club and having fun with girls anymore. Besides his work, he couldn't stop thinking about one woman.

Visualization of Leah (Bridget Satterlee)

"You should go, Leah." Josh said, not interested. "What happened to you, Josh? Don't you miss me? Come on, let's have a little fun. What do you say?" just when Leah finished her sentence, his door was opened. Revealing Noah and Kate in front of his office door.

"Shit, my bad." Noah muttered. No shit sherlock. Josh will kill Noah later for sure. Josh stood up to see Kate's expression which a mix of embarrassment, shock, confusion, and he was unsure if he also saw pain or anger on her face. One thing for sure, she seemed uncomfortable of what she saw. "Uhm..."

"Kaitlyn?!" he called her name and walked towards where she stands. "I came just to drop this. I'll just leave it here. Bye!" She said awkwardly too fast then she put down the paper bag on his doorstep and walked away, almost ran, to the elevator. "Kate! Kaitlyn wait up!" he shouted her name and was about to run after her when Leah called his name. "Who is she, Josh? She seems too plain for your liking."

"What do you care? Just leave, Leah." Josh was really angry and asked Leah to leave. "Didn't know you like to mess around with a good girl now, Paxton." She said again, feeding up Josh's anger. He called Mrs. Brown to escort her out. "Well, let me know when you got tired and done with that chick." She said with a wink and left his office with Mrs. Brown.

Josh turned around to face Noah. "I swear I didn't know anything." He tried to defend himself. "You should've knocked." said Josh with a deep, angry voice. "I know, that's my bad. It won't happen again, boss." Noah was really curious why Josh looking all frustrated like this. Was it because of Kate? What was happening between them?

"Let me ask you one question. Are you really trying to mess around with Kate, Josh?" Josh glared at Noah's question. He, himself, doesn't know why he's so angry at everyone, at the situation that just happened. He took the paper bag Kate left at his doorstep and took out his suit he left at her place the other day. He smiled at the thought of almost kissing Kate that day.

"That's none of your business." Josh stated. "I'm just saying, even though I'm not that close with Kate, but I know that she's a really good person with a pure heart." Noah paused. 'I couldn't agree more with that' Josh thought.