Chapter 10 - The Missing Boy

It's day 4. Isaac and Kate went to the camping area and helped the student checked their report card. Their first task is to build a simple tent in a group. Each group will have one counselor to help them. This will help them finish a task and stay focus on the task that has been given while interacting in a group. Kate was really happy to see Oliver so focus on doing his task and get along with Ryan.

"Kate, do you want to take a water break and drink your juice? You look a little bit pale." Isaac looked at her. She nodded and sat at the nearest log. She did feel a little bit dizzy. "You sure you're okay?" she just nodded. "After the sugar kicks in, I'll be fine. It needs a moment to do its job." 

"After lunch, you have to give me some of your snack bars. In case something happened and you ran out of your carry-ons, I have your back." Isaac said with a serious tone.

Kate chuckled, "sure, I'll give you some."

Olivia, Oliver's twin sister came and sat next to Kate. "dr. Reynolds why you drink juice alone? Don't you have friends?"

Olivia didn't have ADHD like his twin brother, but she came to this trip anyway because they're inseparable. "Well, dr. Baker is my friend but he's helping me to watch over you guys. I have a condition where sometimes my blood sugar is very low and I got dizzy a lot. It could be shaky hands and blurred visions too. We call it hypoglycemia. And when it happened, I have to consume something sweet so I can recover quickly."

"I want to have that too, so I can have excuses to eat sweet stuff anytime." She's definitely a sweet-tooth. That's why she went to the dentist all the time.

"You can eat sweet stuff, but don't forget to brush your teeth afterward. Okay, sweetie?"

"Don't worry dr. Reynolds." She said with her two thumbs up then ran back to her group and continue building their tent.

***

Today is really tiring but looking at the student's faces, Isaac and Kate petty sure they all had fun. Activities ended around 6 in the afternoon and they have one hour before dinner served at the dining room. Instead of taking a break, the counselors and the doctors are having a quick recap for the day and briefing for tomorrow's activity.

"The parents will have a free day at the resort. They can enjoy the hot tubs, spa, gym, whatever. And the kids will have a bit of work out at the swimming pool. Alecia will lead the activity. Dr. Handsome number 2 you brought your swimming trunks aren't ya?" Lucas asked with a wink and everyone laughed.

"I do have my swimming trunks with me, Lucas. Thank you for asking."

"I'm just checking, dr. Handsome number 2. And how about you, young lady?" he pointed at Kate. She answered with a nod while chuckling. "Good. In the afternoon we will have a visit to the horse stable."

"That sounds fun!" Laura cheered.

After Lucas dismissed everyone, Kate went back to the doctors' lodge and have a quick shower. The kids have so much energy. She felt tired but starving at the same time. She was thinking of skipping the dinner but it will make her hypo getting bad. She needs to eat regularly and make sure she has enough sugar in her blood. Kate wore a T-Shirt and short jeans.