Chapter 8 - The Ultimatum and The Preparation

It's been a week or so since Baloo came to Kate's place and now every night he comes back and taps on her window. Kate always looking forward to it. When she has to do some night shift, she always makes sure to put a small bowl of cat food outside of her window. Hopefully, he'll come and eat it. Kate noticed that Baloo doesn't have an owner. So, she decided to buy a collar for him and took him into her apartment. She's adopting him.

Ever since he came, Kate feels less stressed and less lonely when she has to pull an all-nighter and do her works. He seems like a reserved male cat. He will stay next to Kate whenever she's focusing on her job, sometimes snuggle into her lap, hopefully, she'll feed him.

It's just another busy morning. Kate woke up early and decided to come to the hospital early. She wanted to buy Isaac a breakfast since he's been working so hard for his and dr. Harris' research and the board of the hospital compliment their job. Plus, he volunteered for the ADHD Summer Camp next month. Kate just wanted to show some gratitude to him. She knew he had a night shift last night, and she decided to buy him a large cup of coffee, turkey sausage with egg, cheddar, and croissant at Daniel's coffee shop.

Kate entered her office to find it empty. 'No way he already left, isn't he?' she thought to herself. Just when she sat down on her chair, Isaac came into their office, wearing a bright red Minnie Mouse sweater.

 Just when she sat down on her chair, Isaac came into their office, wearing a bright red Minnie Mouse sweater

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

He looks tired and ready to collapse but Kate tries her best not to laugh at him. "Why are you wearing that....?" Kate still struggling to hold her laughter. "Last night, a patient at the ER accidentally throw up at me. The only spare clothes I have left is just this..." he said and sit on the sofa. "Looks good on you!" Kate cheered and Isaac just rolled his eyes. He had a rough night at the ER and just doesn't have extra energy to argue with Kate.

"Anyway, dr. Isaac Baker, congratulations on your hard work for dr. Harris' research and the acknowledgment from the board of the hospital for it. Also, thank you so much for volunteering at the ADHD Summer Camp. You deserve a big breakfast!" she handed him the paper bag with 'Daniel's Café' on it and Isaac's eyes widen with excitement. "Plus, you seem like having a rough shift last night. Here you go."

"Aww Kaitlyn you don't have to, I really wanted to volunteer for the program but thank you so much! I needed this. Gosh, I'm starving!"

***

Josh just got back from Delaware yesterday, where he paid a visit and did some check-ups for one of Paxton Enterprise's electronics factory. The factory needs to do some renovation and scale-up since the demand for their products is increased significantly in the past semester. Josh was very pleased. He's checking his emails when Mrs. Black informed him that his grandmother visits him.

"My grandson is back. How are you darling? How's the factory?" Margaret rushed to enter Josh's office with Irene, holding a couple of paper bags.

"My all-time favorite grandma, I'm doing fine and the factory is doing great, they make a huge success with their new vacuum cleaner. How are you?" he kissed Margaret and looked up to his mother. "And how are you mother? Looks like both of you just had a window shopping."