Chapter 9: Practicing! ...Maybe?

*Harley's POV*

"...hey.."

I heard a strange sound. Is that a voice? I can't hear them quite clearly.

"...up..."

Huh? What are they saying?... I can't understand. Is this an illusion?... Am I getting called from heaven?...

"...iot!.."

Huh? Wha-? They're spitting nonsense words. Did I travel to the past?... Though I feel nice. I felt like floating on water... What is this feeling?...

"WAKKEEE UUPPP IDIIOOTTTTTT!!"

WAHH?!?! WHAT THE-?! HARITH?!

"Finally!! You sleepyhead! It's time for breakfast! Your sister kept waiting!! Ms. Lesley even said water will work on you but it didn't." Harith said, he's kinda annoyed. He was standing right beside my bed, holding a cup.

"T-that explains why I felt like floating on the ocean. Ack! I'm so sorry!" I quickly got up and cleaned the bed.

"If it wasn't for your sister, I wouldn't have waked you up and I'll just eat your meal." Harith seems joking but still has an annoyed expression. Geez, chill.

"ehh! Calm down! It's not like I woke up very late!" I responded.

"not very late, huh? You're going to eat breakfast at 11:40, you fool." Harith explained.

"Wait- what?!" I slept so long again! Dang it! I should've stopped doing this. Even Nana complained about this once for me being awake late often.

I quickly rushed downstairs and speaking of Nana, I saw her waiting, sitting in the dining room. Harith followed me downstairs.

"See! You even made Nana wait too long. She is already here at 8:45. We waited for you so that we all could eat together but since you took too long, we just decided not to." Harith continued to complain.

"Phfft- I heard yelling upstairs. I think you did your job, Harith." Nana joked as she giggled.

They both laughed. Again, why am I a laughing stock...

After I ate breakfast, we all decided to start walking the path to our secret practice field. Well, it's just a vacant space near town.

"Alright. We shall start then. I think our best thing to practice first is our aiming!" Nana said cheerfully as she pointed at a human-shaped cardboard as a target.

"I know why. You picked aiming just because your 2nd skill is auto-target, huh?" I asked slightly aggresively.

"e-eh? What? N-no, that's not the r-reasooon." Nana suspiciously said.

"phfft- stop the chit-chats! We should start! We got a lot of stuff to improve before tomorrow's battle." Harith said.

"I agree! Who shall go first?" Nana asked as she setted up the cardboard targets properly.

"The strongest shall go first and it is I!" I said, very proudly. Now's the time to show how great I am again!

"Shut up idiot." Harith answered. Why does this furball always had to go against me?

"You'll shut up tight after you see how much better I am than you! Here I go!" I threw a card and it landed on the target nicely. I knew my aiming was good!

"Hah! See that?! Bull's eye! Now what ya gonna do about it?" I said, very confidently.

"what am I going to do about it? Well this!" Harith said before throwing a magic energy ball and also hitting the target perfectly. Damn it. I wished it didn't land.

"Phfft- Calling yourself the best mage? What a loser. I am the best mage here." Harith said with a smirk.

"h-heyyy! I'll wipe that smirk off of your face after I show you true skills!" I threw 3 cards simultaneously and kt all landed at the targets. Hah! That'll teach him!

"u-uhm.. Wait.. Guys?" Nana said quietly. "I-isn't it my turn?" We both didn't notice what she said as the argument continues.

"phfft!- that's easy!" Harith threw 3 energy balls and it all landed as well.

"u-uh?.. Hello?" Nana kept trying to say something. We both didn't notice still.

"Oh ya? Well! I'm still the best mage! As a matter of fact I have dash, burst, poke and a nice amount of AOE!" I said, still arguing with this dummy.

(Author's side note: "Lmao good thing Kagura wasn't here. She has like Poke, Dash, AOE, CC, Burst, Blink, Knock Back, Pull, DPS, Absorb. What more do you ask for?)

"Bruh! I literally have all of those but better!" Harith answered. How dare him say that his are better?!

"How could that be better? Your dash skill sucks! You just hop like a few centimeters away! I can teleport how far I want! As long as it's within the time limit." I responded.

"Ya kidding me? Your damage sucks without your ultimate. I can solo kill without my ulti." Harith answered.

"ugh... Guys...?" Nana continued to ask, and seemed getting annoyed. I finally noticed.

"Hold on, stupid-o. Look." I insulted him as I pointed at Nana for him to notice.

"Hey! Shush! I ain't stupid. Also oh, sorry Nana." He apologized.

Nana sighed before speaking, "Finally. Can you guys just stop fighting for a bit? I'm trying to practice here as well! Wouldn't it be better if you two do this 'brag off' next time alone?" She seems kinda pissed.

"I agree." Harith said.

"Yeah, I'll behave for now." I said as I felt bad.

"Good! Hehe!" Nana happily said.

After that, we tried to prevent ourselves from arguing again and just actually trained for tomorrow. We trained all day but had lunch break and rest time every once in awhile.

Our training is finished, and the sun is already setting. Currently on our way back home.

"Phew! That was tiring, but felt good with all the work!" I said as I continued walking as I wiped a bit of sweat off my forehead.

"Yeahhh- I'm exhausted. But that's a good thing. At least we are prepared for tomorrow." Harith responded.

"Hehe.. Agree to both of you and I had fun!" Nana said. "It's going to be a survival game tomorrow. The map was very big. Low chance of the 3 of us meeting at the same time. I hope all 3 of us are teammates though!" Nana continued.

"Mhm! I'm exciteeed! Survival games are fun! Hundred of us competing! Can't wait for you guys to see me win the whole thing!" I said happily.

"Phfft- I'll be waiting for that, if it's ever even going to happen." Harith said jokingly.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean, you dum dum?!" I responded, in a slightly grumpy way.

"Nothing, idiot. It just means I'll win the game before you even try to." Harith chuckled.

"Heeyyy! Shush! You can't compare to the best mage!" I responded.

"ahuh? Can't wait to see your face after you lose tomorrow." Harith answered back. Goodness! I hate this person.

Nana just facepalmed there. She got the 'ah shit, here we go again' expression.