Acknowledgements

As a growing author, I'd like to sincerely thank everyone for reaching and continuously reading up to this part.

I often get asked about what my passion is, and where do I see myself in the next 10 years. Truthfully speaking, I couldn't actually figure out the exact answer myself. Because in 2015, some of us might never have guessed that we'll be living in a sci-fi movie in 2020, as it keeps going until now, the year of 2021. And that's exactly what my point is in writing this novella: life is unpredictable.

Although this book is pretty short, it's definitely not an easy one to complete.

My first draft was completed in November 2020 and looked not even like a quarter of the one displayed in your device right now. I persistently had a clear image of what my story would be-a story of teenagers, trying to combat the surfacing challenges from the pandemic in search of themselves-but just like any other human being who got stuck and got stressed out due to the pandemic, I struggled to write this book.

There were plenty of times when I couldn't manage to write a proper word. In replacement, tons of exclamation marks are filling in my entire drafts. For real, this book was not naturally-born gifted. It required restless weekends, an unfocused mind while reading another author's book, and sore eyes in re-reading each draft starting from 4 in the morning, each day, every week.

But here I am, already writing my first acknowledgement for those who stayed physically, emotionally, and mentally strong with me in revising each stage patiently at pretty much every certain period of the day.

Mom, I dedicate this book to you because of your constant queries on my progress and your restless consolidations upon my every fall downs. This is my first fiction baby and I'm so glad that you've filled my every step with your childish jokes, cheesy messages, and lovely laughs. You keep me going, through thick and thin, and I mean that with all genuineness.

Dad, I thank you for giving me the inspiration to start this book. You've pushed me out of my comfort zone in starting something that I had never felt 'okay' in doing and look where it has brought me now! Hence, no matter how many people I will cross paths with in the future, know that you'll always be my number one mentor.

Inserting Neil Henderson, Tiffany Pricilla Sapri, Dewi Nuraeni, and Fery Dwi Noviyanto who have worked so hard in taking parts to get this novella project done by sending me responses from the lumpy dough until the very final crisp version of Six-Leaf Clover. I'm so grateful for your guidance, advice, email, and support throughout this creation process. You guys rock!

Finally, kudos to Diptya Diko, Michelle Nagashima, Matthew Cokrojoyo, and Joshua Muntu for lending me their time to participate in this novella's pre-production. I can't thank you enough for the strength and empowering responses you've given me.

I was capable of working on this book because of my personal realization on how our closed ones matter the most. I've taken things for granted and 2020 has truly been a year for me to start appreciating the little things. That is why, lastly, for my grandparents and uncle who have spent two whole months combating the virus—while still sparing time to send me empowering texts and video-calls during a suffocating battle to recovery—this one's for you guys.

I hope to see all of you again on my next (better) projects. See you!

With much love,

Nadya Soeryos