Chapter 1: The Move To Cali~

(Kellin's P.O.V.~)

I stared out the window on the plane, listening to This Is How I Disappear by My Chemical Romance. My mom was sitting right beside me, reading a book. I guess I had zoned out, cause my mom tapped me on the shoulder, and it made me jump. I pulled an earbud out and looked over at her. She chuckled and asked "You okay there, jumpy?"

I nodded and said "What? Oh yeah...I'm fine."

She ddin't look convinced, and I wouldn't blame her. I'm not okay. My mom just remarried to her boyfriend of two years, and we're on our way to California to live with the guy. She knows I don't like it, or the guy. You see, my parents got into a huge argument when I was 14, and my dad walked out on us....I haven't seen him since. And it broke me, because I loved my dad, and my family was broken up. I always tried to be the best son for my dad, and it just felt like I wasn't good enough for him.

After they split up, I spent the next 3 months in the treehouse him and I built when I was little. I was so hurt by him leaving, I didn't wanna see anyone. I didn't go to school, I got expelled for missing too many days, and I couldn't even see my mom. As much as she begged me to come back to the house, I couldn't. I was living in denial the whole time, convinced that he would come back someday.

Then day my mom mustered up the courage to come in the treehouse, and caught me hunched over, crying, with blood coming from my wrists...I  cut too deep, and I was rushed to the hospital. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital under suicide watch, and had to have a nurse watch me 24/7.

During my incarceration in the hospital, my mom started dating again, without my knowledge. After I got discharged, she introduced me to her boyfriend, Vic Fuentes. The guy is 30, and he looks like he's 18. He's short,  he's Hispanic, has long chesnut brown hair that stops right at his shoulders, perfectly tanned skin, and dark brown eyes. He was good looking, but I don't like him....It just feels like he's replacing my dad.

After about 2 years of dating, my mom and Vic married, and now I'm being forced to move from my home in Florida, to California, to live with Vic...I was not happy when my mom told me. I threw a little bit of a hissy fit, but got over it. My plan for the next 2 years, is to avoid him, and then leave once I graduate.

While I'm living in Cali, I'm gonna be going to the high school, where Vic went to...Clairmont high. Which is in San Diego, where we will be living with Vic. We've been on this plane for about 7 hours, and we still have a couple hours left...I haven't had the chance to sleep, cause there was so much running through my head....And soon I will come face to face with the guy I call, my step dad.