Chapter Ten: Waking Up

My eyes pop open as I gasp for breath, taking in oxygen, as my brain tries to determine where the heck I am and how I got there. Everything in my memory is a blur, and one weird, strange sentence echoes through my mind, "I am Emmi, and I am me."
Like, what?!!!!??
I look around me, confused. I'm lying in the street, well, an ally way. It's dark outside, and the street is cold and wet. Wherever this is, it must've rained.
I continue thinking like this until reality hits me like a ton of bricks.
Where am I? How did I get here? What happened to me?
"I am Emmi, I am me," continues my mind.
Wait. I had a really weird dream. That sentence was in it. How is it burned in my memory like that?
Wait. What if- What if it wasn't a dream? What if I really "broke through", whatever that means.
Then everything comes flooding back.
The therapy.
The lady.
The seperation.
The chair.
The wires.
The duct tape.
The dream.
But where are my family? And did they experience the same thing as me? And, if so, were they able to break through?
I stand up, and decide I need to find out. I walk out towards the street. There are tons of people, everyone looks busy. The buildings are huge, and there are jumbo-trons everywhere. Wait, I've been here before. NYC! Thank goodness, I'm in America. But how did I get across the country? I glance at the screens, the usual adds are playing. Toyota, McDonalds, Aeropostale, Macys.
I look at the biggest screen. My mouth gapes open as I read it.
FAMOUS YOUTUBE FAMILY TRAGEDY LEADS TO RETIRING FROM VIDEO MAKING: EIGHT YEAR OLD EMMI DIES FROM AN UNKNOWN TUMOR, AND, QUOTED FROM THE FATHER, SHAY, "WE JUST COULDN'T CONTINUE, IT WAS TOO MUCH, NO VLOGGING FOR NOW. REST IN PEACE EMMI. WE LOVE YOU."
WHAT????!!!!!!!!! What is that? I am NOT dead! Who- how- what- I... I just... Just..... Like.... WHAT??!!!! I am not dead. That therapy lady, she lied. She's a murderer, she tried to murder me, than told my family I was dead.
I promise myself I'll make her pay, but first, I've gotta get home. Which might be hard, considering the whole world thinks I'm dead.