5.5

ok so this chapter is sort of like a filler, more of a chapter that gives context. it wasn't long enough to be a full chapter, and i wasn't gonna add it to 5 cuz it wouldn't have made sense so yea :)

also i messed up. from here on out, Clay will be 6'5 roughly for the story, Nick will be about 6'3, and George will be about 5'8 ish. I didn't put much mind to the heights in the beginning, but now it seems like its gonna matter because im pre-writing the chapter now and uploading them when I have time. (so be ready MWAHAHAHAHA jk)

MENTION OF LOSS OF FAMILY MEMBERS BTW

-George's pov-

It's been 2 weeks since the storm. My parents are getting buried today. My mind is all over the place. It's crazy how fast things can change. And the fact that my last messages didn't send, makes me even more upset. My parents house is being put up for sale and I'm staying with my grandparents. My grandfather never really had much of a relationship with either of the two of my parents, but my grandmother is devastated by the loss of her son. I never really see her leave her room much anymore, unless she needs help, needs food, or uses the bathroom. I started going back to school last week, and It's been draining. 

No one knows except for Rose. I've kept her up to date on everything, and in return I listened to her stories of Nick. She wants to break up with him, but has no idea what he would do. She told me all about the things that he's gone through in detail, and before me, she thought that this was all normal behavior. She thought getting tossed around for someone's benefit was okay.

Occasionally Clay would text me, and I would answer depending on what he says, but we would never have a proper conversation.

--

As my grandma pulled into the driveway, she stopped the car, but asked me not to get out yet. "What do you think would be different if they were still here?" She asked. I simply shrugged my shoulders. I was completely unprepared for that question. "Do you think they would be proud of you for all that you've accomplished and how strong you are." Her voice hitched. I turned to meet her eyes.

"I think they were proud of me from the start. They knew what I was going through, and they knew how I dealt with it. Now they're looking down on me, seeing me learn and grow through the loss of not only one, but both of my parents." I started tearing up. After a few seconds of silence I turned back to the door and got out. I walked over to the drivers side and escorted her out of the car, and inside onto the couch.

--

I visited the graveyard every so often when I felt lonely. I even brought Rose once. I felt like she really knew me, and I was so thankful for everything she's done for me.