32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For

Start from the beginning

"That's why we're so pissed, girl! How could he be engaged to two women? Just how high in the world of players does he think he is?" Naborhi scoffed, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Who the hell is he engaged to?" I inquired, already boiling in anger. He was engaged to Candy, wasn't he? She was the girl that had sent him an 'I love you' message and he hadn't denied her when I had asked if she was his girlfriend. In all honesty, I had completely forgotten about her.

How could Derrek fail to tell me he was engaged? If he was engaged to Candy or whoever, what was the point of fake engaging me? Had he proposed to her after we'd signed the contract? Why didn't he tell me?

"If you're thinking of marching down to her house and beating the living day lights out of her, we're going to have to restrain you to my bed." Tosin took a step towards me and I jumped back, eyeing her.

"I'm not going to attack anyone. I just want to know who she is." Or rather confirm my suspicions.

"Sadly, we don't know who she is." Rachel answered. "The poor girl must think she's the love of Derrek Dune's life. This is so infuriating! Why are men so heartless?"

"Men are trash!" Naborhi yelled and the girls nodded in agreement.

"All but my amazing Alex of course." Tosin added and we all turned to eye her simultaneously. "Until proven guilty, my man is innocent, okay? Leave him out of this." She defended and Naborhi rolled her eyes before taking a seat on the couch.

"Now, in order for this plan to work, you're going to play the most important role of all. You'll be our informant." Rachel said, picking up her notepad from the couch and walking back to me. "You'll spy on Derrek and report back to us."

"Once Rachel gets enough intel, she completes her article. She posts it online and bam! Derrek Dune is Derrek Done for." Tosin added, rubbing her palms together with a smirk on her face.

"He'll be ruined!" Naborhi laughed. "Serves him right for cheating on our Tiara."

"If we want to take it a step further, I've got an attorney friend who can get him arrested on fraud charges. With the right judge, he could be facing jail time." Rachel proposed and the girls clapped, obviously on board with the insane plan.

"Yes, let's do that!" Naborhi agreed.

"No, let's not!" I countered and they glanced at me like I was the crazy one. "There is no revenge plan, I will not be an informant and no one is going to jail. Understood?"

"Why not? We can't let him get away with this." Naborhi stated and the girls nodded in agreement. I gave a sigh, knowing the girls wouldn't drop this absurd plan if I didn't reassure them that I'd deal with the matter myself.

"He's not going to get away with anything. I'll get to the bottom of this and if—and only if—he's guilty can we go ahead with your revenge plan."

"He's guilty alright." Rachel voiced and I glared at her. Who was she to involve herself in this?

"I'll be the judge that. Now, you can all go about your daily lives." I shooed them away. "Don't you have jobs or something to get to?"

"I'm free til three." Naborhi answered.

"I took a sick day just for this." Tosin said.

"I told my boss I was out in the field chasing a lead." Rachel replied. "How about you? Don't you have work to get to?"

"It's complicated." I sighed as I walked over to the couch and plopped down. "I'm thinking of quiting."

"What?" Two of the three girls screamed.