"I heard that," Dave said dryly without turning around.

"You were meant to, darling!" Ava sang back and nudged me in jest.

We rushed to keep pace with Dave. He quickly led us out of the door and toward a waiting black limo that was parked at the curbside. The bright sun was blinding in the cloudless sky. It was in that moment that I remembered I was in Holland.

I was in Holland.

"Deci? You okay?" Ava asked, pulling me from my trance.

"Yes," I replied, gave her a reassuring smile and let her guide me into the back of the car. Dave held the door open, his stern expression never wavering.

I sat back on the leather seat and buckled myself in. When I lifted my head, my eyes drank in the sleek leather material of the interior and the line of expensive drinks on the side bar.

"Ridiculous, isn't it?" Ava remarked from the long seat beside mine.

"It's..."

"Overwhelming? Nerve-racking? All a bit too bloody much?"

I laughed quietly at Ava's correct assumption about my thoughts. "All of the above."

She nodded knowingly. "I feel you, girl. When I first started out in this industry, it took me a while to adjust to all the pomp and ceremony that comes with these famous sorts. You'll get used to it though, especially on this tour. Biggest one I've ever done." She shrugged. "But also, so far, the one I've enjoyed the most."

My phone suddenly vibrated in my purse. I pulled it out to see a text from my dad.

DAD: You get there okay?

My chest clenched when I read it. So simple, but so Dad. I hated the thought of him being back in Texas on his own. It had only ever been us two for years. I couldn't help but feel a flash of guilt that I'd left him all alone. I was his only family. I felt as though I'd abandoned him for my selfish gain.

ME: Here. With Ava. I'll ring when I get settled into my hotel.

DAD: See that you do.

"Your dad?" Ava asked, as I slipped my phone back in my purse, and watched the striking sights of Holland moving by.

"Yeah."

Ava inched forward as the car turned a corner. "He's still okay with you being here?"

I shrugged. "I wanted it. He knew it. Knew I couldn't stay at home forever. And you did a good job of convincing him. It's just..." I stopped what I was saying, not wanting to sound juvenile.

"The band?" she guessed. I blushed, but nodded my head. "Amongst other things."

"I get it," she went on. "Erosion Road are five good-looking guys. What father wouldn't worry about his daughter living and working amongst all that?"

"Yeah," I said again. "He's you know... protective."

"Well, let me give you the lowdown as I know you're not really a dedicated E-Road fan," Ava said, relaxing back in her seat. "Rhett Taylor is a sweetheart. He's the joker and just an all round great guy. He's not just good looks. He's the lifeblood of the band. The one they all turn to. He's the whole package, you know?"

I nodded my head. I knew all this about the band from my research, but I figured it was good to hear from someone who knew them closely.

"Callum Ross is quieter. He has a girlfriend, so there's no worry about him hitting on you. He's a one-woman type of guy. His girlfriend is in an up-and-coming girlband and will be joining us soon as the new opening act for the next leg of the tour." Ava smiled. "That's when we'll truly be let loose with our makeup skills. Those girls are fabulous and all about the glam." A flicker of excitement zipped through me at that.