Chapter 20- The look

Was it my fault?

The message was definitely from Hayes. That was obvious.

He didn’t kill her because he knew I wasn’t fond of her and he wanted to help me out. He killed her because he knew I would blame myself for it. Somehow he knew I would but I didn’t know how. He was using her to torment me. 

 I stared at the picture on my phone. The same girl from the party we had was lying in a pool of her on blood. She was the girl that was all over Justin when I told him Rus was in the apartment.

Obviously I didn’t like her but she didn’t deserve to die. Putting aside the fact she irritated me, I still wanted to save her and get her out the apartment that night.

Hayes wanted to get to me. I hated him for that because it was working.

It’s my fault she’s dead.

“We need something to work with here!” Justin was pacing back on forth across the floor at the end of our bed. He was on the phone to Colin informing him of the picture we got, tugging at his hair.

He was wearing his swim trunks. We all just finished breakfast and were about to go down to the beach. I hadn’t gotten changed into my swimwear yet. I had been waiting for Justin to finish his call with Colin so I could hear what Colin said.

“Get the boys to look out for everyone we had at that party, alright? Call me when you hear something.” Justin slowed down, and stood still ending the call.

“What he say?” I asked.

“He doesn’t know anything. He’ll see if he can get Hayes to tell him a few of his plans but he doubts he will. I’m sending out the two guys on mine and Colin’s side to watch out for everyone back home.”

I nodded throwing my phone on the bed in front of me. I got up taking my things into the bathroom.

“Lia?” He stopped me before I shut the door. “Are you okay?”

“Fine” I lied. He didn’t look too convinced so I quickly closed the door and started to change into my bikini.

I was starting to hate myself right now. I hated that I didn’t try hard enough to protect that girl. Protecting the innocent is what I live for and I failed. I failed myself. I failed her.

I used a loose fitting top that reached just under my ass to cover my black bikini. My tattoo was covered by my bikini top, thankfully. I was glad it was small and right under my boob.

Everyone knew I had one but I never let them see it. Adriana was pissed at first when I told her I didn’t want anyone to see it but I think she understood that it was personal.

Justin was sitting beside the towels on the bed when I walked out the bathroom. His eyes instinctively travelled over me as he began to stand.

“You didn’t need to wait for me. I think I know how to find the beach. It’s not like I can see it the minute I walk out the door or anything.” I sarcastically spoke with a smile.

Justin had this mischievous smile on his face while he came to tower over me.

“Justin!” I gasped watching the ripped up top I was wearing being dropped on to the floor.

“You don’t need that.” He said pulling at my arms that I wrapped around my body. With a sigh I gave in to his tugging, letting my arms fall to my sides as his eyes went from mine down my body, discovering every piece of open skin that my bikini didn’t cover.

“Beautiful.” He whispered, looking into my eyes again.

The intensity behind his eyes had me weak in the knees. My cheeks, face and entire body was growing hot. Is it possible for someone to look at you like you’re the most precious diamond in the world that you could only stare at through a thick piece of glass because it was too beautiful to be touched?