"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue." He said trying to cover up the hurt in his voice.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" She turned around, asking him in a confused tone.

"It was my idea." Damon pointed out as if it were obvious. "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood. So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So, I told Ric to tell Jenna--"

"Does Jenna know that you are going to be there?" Elena cut him off. "Because she's not exactly a fan of yours."

Just as she finished, a waiter came in holding a white box.

"Perfect. Thank you." He told the waiter before turning back to Elena. "I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way. Plus, Ric and Jenna wanted Rory to be there, so I am driving her. Perfect way to wiggle myself in."

"What are you up to?" Elena asked, rolling her eyes at the mention of his lovers' little sister.

"I'm going to put silver in Mason Lockwood. And prove he's a werewolf. See you at the barbecue." With that, Damon turned out the door, leaving Elena standing alone.

While at the Salvatore boarding house, Rory laid on the couch, with her head in Katherine's lap, trying to get some sleep before going to Jenna's barbecue, already knowing it was going to be a shit show.

"You shouldn't be reading other people's diaries." Stefan said walking into the room, waking Rory up.

"I know. I'm sorry." Katherine told him. "It was just too tempting to know your inner thoughts and feelings. Laying there on your desk for me to read.

Stefan then took the book out of his hand, Rory sitting up.

"Damon's private stock." Stefan said as he handed her a glass of blood.

"That's right! You don't do human. I read about that." Katherine said feigning surprise.

"He does bambi and friends." Rory whispered in her ear, causing both girls to giggle.

"I also read about your recent werewolf sighting." Katherine continued, looking back at Stefan. "That must have come as a surprise.

"What do you know about werewolves?" Stefan asked her.

"I know not to pet one." She said, twirling a strand of hair.

"I've pet one," Rory said causing both to turn their heads towards her.

Stefan looking at her accusingly, "So you played dumb this whole time? That was low Rory."

"Sorry. I didn't want anyone to get hurt." Rory mumbled, looking down at the ground.

"Their bite kills, Stefan. It's best to stay clear of them during a full moon." Katherine said standing up after placing a kiss on Rory''s forehead.

"And how do you know this?" Stefan asked.

"Who do you think was responsible for ridding this town of vampires in 1864."

"The founding families," He said, sounding unsure of his answer.

"Spearheaded by?"

Stefan then let out a breath, shaking his head in realization. "The Lockwoods."

Rory then tuned out the rest of their conversation, looking out the window until Damon would pick her up.

Their conversation continued for another five minutes, until a knock was heard at the door, getting up, Rory put a kiss on the cheek of both Stefan and Katherine before heading out to the barbecue.