Chapter 10- welcome to mystic falls

Mystic falls 2011
"No, there is no way in hell that I am doing that." Kol said. They were in the car on their way to mystic falls, and klaus was telling everyone the plan.
"Don't be so dramatic Kol. It's only school" klaus said.
"But why do I need to go?" Kol asked glaring at klaus.
"Because, you and our sister have no connections with the doppelgänger so it will be easier to spy.
I'm going to be placed into someone who is close to the doppelgänger to keep an eye there. And Stefan will get everything prepared for the ritual.
"Wait why can't Stefan come to, he's never met the doppelgänger either." Rebekah pouted from the backseat.
"No, but rumour has it big brother never got over doppelgängers." Klaus said in a mocking tone and a smirk on his face.
"Wait?!" Rebekah turned to Stefan. "Your brother is dating ANOTHER doppelgänger!"
Rebekah asked puzzled.
"Apparently" Stefan said Suprised.
"When did you find that out Nik?" Stefan asked. He was Surprised that Klaus hadn't told him yet.
"Yeah Nik, and why didn't you tell him, surely he has a right to know" Kol chimed in, raising an eyebrow at klaus.
Klaus stopped the car at the front of a rather small flat building. He turned to everyone and spoke "I found out yesterday ,when a witch did a different kind of locator spell to find the doppelgänger. It showed us visions. And let's just say I saw something rather unpleasant." Klaus explained almost shivering at the thought.
"And I didn't tell you Stefan, because I didn't get the chance. Once I found out, I had to make sure we had everything that wasn't already in mystic falls. And then after that it-it might have slipped my mind." Klaus added sheepishly. Everyone rolled their eyes playfully. "well that's not a good enough excuse, please Nik I wanna be with him at school not spend most my days for however long we're here at a school for what is it now... 7 hours a day." Rebekah complained.
"Yeah come on Nik the errands you want me to do won't take much time to do really. And I think being back in mystic falls will be way better if I'm spending it with my wife." Stefan said backing up Rebekah.
Kol just smirked in the passenger seat since he liked when Nik didn't get his own way.
Klaus looked at them for a second, then finally gave in. "Fine. But those errands better be done Stefan. And Rebekah" klaus began putting an innocent smile on his face. "You can help." Rebekah pouted.
"You want me to do more work?!" Rebekah wined.
"If you want stefan to go with you to school or else I'll make sure tha-"
"Okay okay I get it" Rebekah said
"Oh come on Nik what's gotten you in such a bad mood today then." Stefan asked while putting an arm round Rebekah.
"I have no idea what your talking about." Klaus said in defiance.
"Oh don't worry mate." Kol chimed. "He's just mad that he didn't get his own way.
Kol smirked happily to his brother, who was sending a glare his way.
"Huh, should have guessed that." Stefan chuckled. Rebekah looked out the window from where she was sat and saw something that in her opinion was horrifying.
"Why are we here anyway? please don't tell me out of all the homes here, you picked this wretched dump." Rebekah asked with a look of disgust on her face as she stared at the flats.
"I'm afraid this is where we're staying sister."klaus answered. "So sorry that it's not up to your high standards." Klaus added sarcastically.
Rebekah rolled her eyes, and pouted while everyone was getting out the car. Stefan being the gentlemanly husband that he is, opened Rebekah's door and helped her out the car.
"Why thank you Mr Salvatore" Rebekah smiled
"What have I done to deserve such chivalry?" She asked playfully.
Stefan smiled and brought her hand to his lips kissing it gently. Then spun her round and leaned over her, a bright smile on both their faces.
"You my love, deserve all the good things this world has to offer." He stopped and raised her back up again caressing her cheek. "It's the least I could do for an amazing woman like you." He said chivalrously. Rebekah's eyes sparkled at his words, she pulled him into loving kiss.
"That sounds about right" Rebekah smirked playfully at Stefan and gave him one final peck before they followed Kol and Klaus indoors.

~Salvatore boarding house~
The door of the boarding house opened slowly as Elena walked in a terrified look on her face.
Damon rushed towards her.
"Elena, Elena are you alright?" He asked concern written all over his eternally young face.
"What do you think Damon!" Elena yelled in frustration "I just found out that an immortal original vampire and other members of his family wants to come and kill me and everyone I love." Elena dug her head into Damon and began to cry.
"Elena, shhhh it'll be alright I promise. Nothing is gonna get past me and get to you. I promise." Damon whispered stroking her head to comfort her.
"No Damon he's got 1,ooo years on you and let's not forget he has other originals with him from what elijah said. There's no way your Gonna beat him" Elena sobbed
"You definitely shouldn't underestimate me Elena" Damon said starting to smirk. "I bet Klaus will take one look at me and be like.
'How can I harm such a handsome face'" Elena giggled.
"Your right, I should have more faith." Elena said smiling slightly.
"I love you Damon" Elena said still leaning against his chest.
"I love you to Elena. So much." He whispered kissing the top of her head.

~Time skip~
Damon walked into the library it had just gone midnight. All this talk about the originals especially Klaus and Elijah, reminded him of his brother.
He still hadn't told Elena about him, he knew he'd have to tell the whole story and that if he told her that he let him go and never gone to look for him, she would hate him for it. And he couldn't live with that.
He reached out for a book on the shelf and opened it to reveal a picture from 1856 of him and his brother.
It was Stefan's 10th birthday and Damon had decided to make it special he had begged his mother to make Stefan's favourite breakfast, lunch and dinner. Knowing that would easily put a smile on the young boys face. He even managed to buy him more than just socks, (by 'borrowing' some of his father's money of course). He remembered the look on Stefan's face when he finally opened his gift, it was a journal, his first of many to come. "Thank you Damon your the best big brother I could have ever asked for. Promise we'll always be together." Stefan asked with pleading eyes. Damon could never reject his brother, his best friend. He bent down to Stefan's level. "I promise you Stefan, I will never leave your side" Stefan smiled more and gave him a huge hug.
Damon wished he could have kept that promise but of course him being him... he didn't and he would live an eternity regretting it.

A/N sorry it's been a while since I've updated this chapter it got deleted when I was half way through so I had to restart. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Anyways Enjoy. And I'll update soon. Byeeeee for now people s.