If you knew how to deal with people normally, maybe you would've been able to help. No one would ever trust you, with your carelessness and anger, everyone will always hate you, and–

"Izuku, whatever it is, I swear I won't judge. None of this so your fault, their the ones controlling you..." Bakugo snapped, his tone harsh but his words softer than Midoriya had ever heard them. Midoriya looked up at Bakugo, wide-eyed, and Bakugo simply narrowed his eyes at him before averaging his gaze, nervous at the sudden outburst. He was about to tell him to "forget it", when, to Bakugo's surprise, Midoriya spoke, his voice small but firm, as if wanting to get the information off his chest.

"That attack yesterday...I was a part of it." Bakugo's eyes slightly widened, and before Midoriya could start apologizing again, which he looked like he was about to do, Bakugo spoke.

"How the fuck? Where were you?! Midnight knocked everyone out with the gas, and I thought the heroes captured all of you! How did you escape?" Midoriya stared at Bakugo in disbelief as he gulped down the knot in his throat, not caring for the slightly wrong information (after all, Kurogiri had also helped more than half of the villains after they were knocked out). Instead, feeling his eyes water and his voice tremble, he spoke again, disbelieving.

"You...You were looking for me?" Bakugo clicked his tongue in annoyance, looking at Midoriya as if he was insane.

"Why the fuck wouldn't I? After I figured out what villain organization the one that attacked last time, I thought that it'd have to be the League of Villains again. But, I still don't fucking get it," Bakugo slowly took a step closer to Midoriya, who reluctantly stayed in place, seeing no actual threat in Bakugo's confusion, covered up by his anger, "Where were you that I didn't manage to find you?" Bakugo quirked an eyebrow at him, and Midoriya laughed humorlessly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I...I was in the school." Bakugo gaped at Midoriya in disbelief for a few seconds before his eyes widened in shock.

"You were what?!" Midoriya flinched at Bakugo's loud voice. Listening to Bakugo yelling for all those years he spent with him Midoriya got used to it, but spending so much time in the quiet of the underground hideout made him realize just how loud Bakugo actually was. "What do you mean you were in UA? I know that the villains broke the wall, but no one ever managed to get in!" Bakugo was, simply speaking, baffled, whereas Midoriya bowed his head down and bit his lip again, even more nervous that he had forced Bakugo into worrying about him.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry..." Midoriya whispered, his voice breaking as he tried to stay quiet despite wanting to scream. Bakugo gaped at him in pure shock for a second, before realizing that Midoriya felt guilty for not letting Bakugo know he was alright. He knew that Midoriya had always been a kind and a shy kid, but seeing that, Bakugo couldn't help but gape in disbelief at the action. He continued to stand in place, not knowing what to do, and hating his uselessness.

You can't do anything. Look, it's your second time seeing him, and he's already crying because of you! And here you are, thinking you're trying your best to save and protect Izuku, yet making him feel even more pain than he felt before he saw you again...What a good friend you are.

Midoriya gasped and flinched, suddenly enveloped by something warm. Although, before he could attack, the familiar weak, scent of smoke stopped him as he realized what happened.

Bakugo was hugging Midoriya, wrapping his muscular arms around Midoriya's seemingly fragile body.

"Ka..." Midoriya started, unsure of what to do. All his worry about what he said washed away, replaced by confusion and shock, and as he placed his hands on Bakugo's chest, attempting to end the hug, Bakugo simply hugged him tighter, unwilling to show his own shocked face. He had not planned to do that, but his legs moved before he could react. And so here he was, awkwardly hugging Midoriya, although Bakugo knew it was worth it as Midoriya stopped shaking, the fear of having to tell Bakugo about more of his villainous acts, against Bakugo's own school for that matter. "Kacchan...Why are you...?"

"Just shut up and relax, nerd. You're not going to get anywhere if you start crying your guts out, when we need to be planning on what to do about all this."

Midoriya went quiet, and slowly nodded in understanding. He let his own arms wrap around Bakugo's chest, the hug somewhat uncomfortable and tyring, but both didn't let go for at least a minute.

"Listen, we have to find a way to get you out of there, because this is no good." Bakugo grunted, before sighing in annoyance into Midoriya's hair. Midroiya hummed in acknowledgement, not wanting to pull away from the hug, but at the same time knowing Bakugo was right. The two pulled away, both promising themselves not to think about the hug too much, and Midoriya shrugged as casually as he could, smiling awkwardly as he spoke.

"Let's think about it?" Midoriya suggested, watching as Bakugo shoved his hands in his pockets and smirked at Midoriya, in his usual, prideful, way.

"Whatever, stupid nerd."

"That makes zero sense, you know?"

"Oh shut it."

"You can be such a handful at times, Kacchan..."

"Hah? Who the fuck are you calling a handful?!"

The two continued to bicker, punching each other playfully (Bakugo being a bit too harsh, as always), as they continued to tease each other, the mood immediately lightening as the two, even if for a minute, forgot all about the problems they would face outside the alley.