Fuyuhiko

"You're late," Fuyuhiko tapped his foot impatiently as Hajime entered the school's dojo.

  Hajime rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry about that."

  Fuyuhiko sat down on the mat, "Tch, you're just lucky I didn't run off with it."

  "The confession?"

  "I'm talking about the pastry, you idiot," Fuyuhiko patted the spot next to him, "Sit down, there's something I have to tell you, man-to-man."

  "Wow, this sounds like a serious confession already."

  "Weren't you listening to a word I said?" Fuyuhiko rubbed his temples, "I swear I have no idea what that woman was thinking when she let everyone do this whole Valentine's thing. She goes on about having as many experiences as we can, but how the hell is this supposed to preserve our youth?!"

  Hajime smiled at his classmate, "From my experience, it's been pretty fun to receive these."

  "That's the thing. You don't need any of these dumb experiences," Fuyuhiko frowned, "You should be focusing on your friends instead of looking for a relationship."

  "Does that mean I should be focusing on you?"

  "If it helps you out then yeah," the yakuza gave him a smug smile, "You can focus on me."

  "I wouldn't forget about anyone if I were in a relationship," Hajime sat with his knees to his chest, "I just don't want to be by myself in the future."

  "Who said you'd be alone?" Fuyuhiko sighed, "Hajime, do you know what makes a family?"

  "Uh, relatives?"

  The blond rolled his eyes, "It's friends, you dumbass. Do you really think everyone in my clan are blood relatives?"

  "I guess you guys would want to hire muscle."

  "We don't just hire people, they're kind of adopted into our family," Fuyuhiko explained, "My old man trusts most of the guys he works with because they're his friends."

  "I guess even criminals have hearts," Hajime paused, "Wait, are you going to adopt me?"

  He crossed his arms, "My family is dangerous as hell. What makes you think you can handle them?"

  Hajime shrugged, "You, Natsumi, and Peko aren't too bad."

  "You wouldn't last a day in my world. I've seen a whole bunch of shit in my whole life that would make any normal person faint," Fuyuhiko chuckled, "Actually, maybe I'm not so normal."

  "I don't think so. I mean, you're always trying to look out for us," the brunet scratched his cheek, "I think that's a pretty normal thing for someone to do for their friends."

  "Maybe you're right, but then again, you're not normal."

  "Wha-?" Hajime started.

  "I guess if I were to explain it, you brighten up the whole room or something," Fuyuhiko scratched his head, "You barely have to do anything and yet everyone goes crazy trying to make you smile."

  "I asked the rest of the class not to use the group chat today so they wouldn't spoil their surprises, but it was actually because they'd get even more excited if they all started texting you. Your happiness is kind of infectious like that," he admitted.

  "Are you confessing to me right now?"

  "Sorry to disappoint you but no," Fuyuhiko stood up and handed Hajime a box of macarons, "Like I said, my world is too different, too dangerous from yours so asking you to step into mine, even as a joke, isn't something I can do."

  Hajime gaped at his classmate, "Woah-"

  The yakuza stood up and looked away from Hajime's bright eyes, "Sorry, but I don't want to risk-"

  "-that was awesome."

  Fuyuhiko's eyes widened, "The hell? You do know I just rejected you, right?"

  Hajime nodded, "I understand but it felt like I was in an action movie just now."

  "You really are something else!" Fuyuhiko grinned as he held out his hand, "You're my friend so I don't want you dead, alright? Even if you choose me in front of the whole class, I'll reject your ass again."

  Hajime grabbed the hand and let himself be pulled up, "If that does happen, could you wear an eyepatch next time? You'd look a lot cooler."

  "I think Nagito is starting to rubbing off on you," Fuyuhiko chuckled, "You should get going. I think Nekomaru has been hanging around the courtyard for a while now."