✨Chapter Nineteen-Much Easier

Start from the beginning

  I do odd tasks to pay up which my conscience still pricks me over but I drown it up with hard liquor and much more.

If you found an easy way to solve all your problems wouldn't you take it and damn whoever got hurt?

  That question kept ringing in my head until I eventually slept up.

  Sunday morning was solemn. Emily made toast bread with scrambled eggs and coffee for each of us. She was a strong girl as it was her cheerfulness that brought a bit of life to our dead apartment. Adam still hadn't said anything to me. I hope he trusts me.

After breakfast I chatted a bit with Emily, she was really good company, quite the chatty type. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful features. The most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen with a slightly pointed nose. Her lips looked so plush and her lower lip was pink with a birthmark on it which made it even more desirable. The way she flicked her hair as she spoke and every other thing. I felt hurt that they saw me as a fool but I was willing to play on with their game.

"Fred, so what are we going to do in case of a similar incident next time? You both insisted calling the police was pointless so what's the plan?" Her eyes glowed brightly at me.

"Umm- well I could teach you some self-defence moves. I wouldn't want someone to pull a fast one on my lady"

"Yes that'll be awesome, so when do we start Fred?" She was way too excited to learn and it made her look cuter than ever.

"Let's say now, now's the best time"

"Cool I'm ready"

  She quickly got on her feet and took a stance. All the while Adam tried to pretend he was busy with his phone but I knew he secretly stole a glance at us from time to time. He was so predictable.

  I remember when I took his girlfriend. He caught us in bed. I felt bad for doing that but his girlfriend was a bad one. I guess she wanted to be that chick which guys fought over. She seduced me and she was really something. I couldn't resist. The worst part was that we were in his bed. Adam didn't talk to me for exactly two months. After much pleading, we eventually reconciled. He broke up with her as he discovered she was a flirt. The worst part is that she still lives here. She's Mr Ona's only child. If only he knew his daughter was a sleaze weasel. Till now she still wants to get back with Adam.

"Now once I hold your waist, close up on me, engage and tackle me. If that's not clear enough you could use your shin to hit where the sun doesn't shine once I'm close enough."

"Where the sun doesn't shine?" She was really confused.
After a while, she got the message.
"Ohhh" there was a sneaky grin on her face.

"Don't you dare hit me there, my family planning" she laughed at this.

"Sure I won't"

We begin the training. I noticed each time I grabbed her waist, Adam frowned intensely and his second hand curled inwards. I couldn't stop the mischievous smile from coming to my face. Emily wasn't getting it and I ended up tackling her several times.

"Get off me, this isn't fair," she pouted angrily.

"Well, you're a grumpy bad student. Now come on let's try again. This time try to be less obvious and distract me a bit, you're being too predictable." I helped her up.

"Fine, I'm ready now."

  I grabbed her waist and this time rather than involuntarily jerk back, shriek and give me the advantage like she did numerous times, she closed up on me, held my waist and smiled at me. That took me completely off-guard. Her smile was mesmerizing. Before I knew what was going on, she tackled me.

"Now how about that Fred" she was grinning like she won a laurel.

"Fine that was good well played Emily." I didn't miss the huge smile dancing its way through Adam's face.

"Enough of all this. Emily if you want I could teach you some other moves. Fred's done well teaching you the basics now let's go advanced."  When did Adam even get up?

"That won't be necessary Adam, as you can see I'm a great teacher. Emily let's continue."

"Are you going to learn from him, I mean I work out at the gym and I took a judo class when I was eighteen so I bet I'm more experienced." He smiled all through.

"Well that's great Adam, good to hear you brag but I've got this, what Emily just did is proof of how good of a teacher I am so shoo, we don't need you"

"Um, guys I think I've learnt enough for today you should-"

"Uh-huh, after the eleventh try before she got it, if I was her teacher she would have got it at the second try at most" Adam interrupted.

"That's not true, I'm sure Ngozi didn't think so." I might have touched old wounds. Oops.

"Don't you dare go there." He said through gritted teeth.

"Why not Daniel Morgan, did I hurt your feelings?" Before I knew it Adam grabbed my shirt and was about to punch me. Emily quickly broke us apart and stayed in between us.

"Stop it you both. What's the problem, you both need to cool off some steam. This was all unnecessary. Why are you guys bickering over nothing like twelve-year-olds?" She kept staring at both Adam and me.

Adam walked away while Emily kept staring in his direction.

"I'll go check if he's okay." Then she quickly ran after him without looking back at me even once.

  Does she care if I'm okay? It's always Adam. They always want Adam while I'm some sort of compensation. No one thinks I'm good enough.

Well to be fair maybe I did go overboard.  I couldn't think straight. I quickly grabbed my jacket to go out and get a drink or two. Maybe I needed to cool off.

This just made what I'm about to do much easier.

..............................................................

Well, there you go a Fred POV.
How was it, fun, mysterious, let me know what you think

Fred went through a lot, do any of you relate to him or feel for him?

There's an air of suspense at the end, any idea what Fred's about to do?

I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for all the support everyone. Don't forget to vote.
Two chapters in a week. I'm back in business, that's right.
😋😘😘😘😘😘😘😘.
Till next time everyone.