Bonus Chapter 2: Talks of Trash

Start from the beginning

“Ha! So you admit you were jealous?” I said smugly, my hands leaning on Aaron’s firm legs. He turned his head back to look me over slowly and heatedly before catching my gaze with his sapphire eyes.

“Do you think I’d enjoy watching you drool over guys when I want you all to myself?” He let out simply and I could not stop the blush that made its way to my cheeks. I averted my gaze from Aaron, but even from my peripheral, I could see Aaron’s smirk.

“I know one thing- No guy, not even fictional ones, could make you blush like I do.” He commented cockily and I let out a sardonic laugh at his words.

“You’re saying that as though I had a million guys at my disposal before you came along.” I said with a laugh but Aaron’s body tensed at my words.

“And, you didn’t, right? It’s just been me?” He questioned hopefully and I nodded, not being able to keep the smile off my face due to his jealous nature.

“Yes, Aaron, only you. Well, if we count that trash bag- Elliot- out.” I said letting out a small laugh. I had assumed Aaron would laugh along with me, but when all that came was silence, I turned my gaze to Aaron to see him looking at me- a curious yet tense look on his face.

“What is it, Aaron?” I asked, concerned to which Aaron sighed heavily, running a tanned hand through his midnight locks.

“What’d you expect, Lexi? I’m not going to be ecstatic when you mention the guy who made you cry.” He muttered out angrily and I sighed, moving to sit closer into Aaron’s side. He responded by placing an arm around me and I cozied into the warmth of his body.

“Leave it, Aaron, he’s not worth the anger.” I murmured, digging myself further into Aaron’s side to which his arm tightened around me.

“You’re right; he’s not. But, he hurt you and you’re worth all the anger in the world.” Aaron commented, stroking circles against my upper arm with his fingers and I blushed at his words.

“Aaron, he’s gone now. It’s been 3-4 months.” I assured, but I knew it would take a lot more than that to comfort Aaron.

I could tell I was right when he sighed again deeply before kissing the top of my head.

“It could be 3-4 years, honestly, and I’d still feel like the beating the shit out of him any day of the week.” He said bluntly and I elbowed his side for his harsh words.

“He got enough of that from me, so don’t worry about it.” I said mindlessly, with a yawn and I let a smile grace my face at the thought of what had happened a mere few months ago.

Elliot had played me. He had wanted to get back at Aaron and had tried to use me in the process. And, he had almost succeeded. I remember, in the vulnerable and insecure state that I was in, how I had fell for his words. In that state, I had craved the attention he gave and every compliment blinded me to who he truly was.

I had believed him over Aaron and the thought of how stupid I was made me want to kick myself over and over. However, the pick-me-up was never far away as I thought of the last encounter with Elliot. He had tried to pull the wool over my eyes and I had delivered a tight slap to his face. The look on his face was one for the photo album.

Aaron pulled away from me abruptly, and I toppled slightly further into him before composing myself and hauling myself up. I opened my mouth to question his strange behavior, but stopped when Aaron moved closer, his hands gripping my arms.

“What do you mean? What happened?” He urged, his blue eyes scanning me up and down as if any injuries I attained would still be present now. I leaned forward and pressed a hand to his face, smiling when he leaned into my touch.