"This is the only City Mall branch around Beverly Hills right?" He kept silent and only spoke after a thought. Wearing a cap, the only thing I found different about the young man was his demeanor.

"Yes please. What can I do for you?" Smiling, I stared at him for a while before speaking, "I was wondering if you've seen any detective coming in here frequently?" At the mention of detective, his lips sealed quickly. He turned to the other customer and confirmed the barcode.

Smiling at the customer, he received the money and returned her change. A few other customers started walking to the counter with their things. "I don't think so. We have many customers so I won't be able to study each person. If that's all, I have customers to take care of." Although his tone seemed polite, there was a tinge of rudeness in them.

As I turned to an employee wanted poster behind him, I turned to him with a smile. "I'd also like to be employed here. Here are my CV details please." His face turned pale with my request. Before he could refuse me, another worker stepped in asking for any updates on the employee poster.

"I need a job, here are my details." He quickly received my documents and turned to me with a smile. "I'll text you once the manager receives your request." Nodding, I turned to the caretaker and lowered my head before stepping out.

"He sure is hiding something." Walking to my house, I locked the door and threw myself on the bed after getting home.

My phone beeped from a message. Lowering my head, I checked, "Are you ready for the b-ball semifinals?" I sighed and buried my face in the pillow.

I stretched my hands to turn off the alarm as morning approached. "You can do this."

I repeated to myself while dressing up. I picked up a cab to school. When I got to the entrance, class had already started. I rushed to class and took my seat.

"You have a lot to explain after school," I warned while looking at him angrily. He stopped writing and looked at me weirdly. "You're late." I rolled my eyes irritated. "Alright. Class it's time for b-ball."

I quickly went to the dressing room. Looking around, I spotted Tricia and Jess sitting down putting on their boots.

"You're the star. Hope you're ready?" Kate snapped while I tried to tie a knot on my shoe. "I guess I am," I winced before looking down to make sure I had fixed the knot properly. I used the mirror in front of the room to guide me make a ponytail out of my hair.

"Hurry, the boys are playing first," Tricia snapped and started forcing us to leave in a hurry. By chance on the hallway to the b-ball court, I threw my eyes around curiously. Stopping by the entrance to the court, I met Nathan with Michael. He looked at me for a moment but I erased all eye contact and turned to Tricia.

There were numerous students gathered at the spectators balcony. Kate was already seated cheering as the boys took their positions. It was Red Vipers verses Bliss Boys.

Lifting their hands for cheering, the Red Vipers exposed their red t-shirts accompanied with red boots and red and white shorts. The Bliss Boys on the other hand had green outlook from the top to their bottom.

"Take your positions. Match is about to start. Red Vipers on the left and Bliss Boys on the right. No cheating, I repeat,now. Start!" the referee blew his whistle. Player 02 threw the ball to this gang. Red Vipers took their stand to prevent them from scoring.

"OMG! The boys are cute," Tricia accentuated. "Especially look there the Bliss Boy with the ball right now," Kate yelled while squashing her cheeks with both palms. Everyone turned to look at us because of Kate's loud cheer. The cheerleaders turned to us too with their hands dropping. "I'm sorry," she apologized bowing her head. I was curious to know who had finally gotten the attention of Kate,who rejected every guy.

I shifted my head slowly looking out for the guy who was Adrian. I rolled my eyes in surprise as he bounced the boy and dodged the attacks from the other Red Viper boys.

"Adrian," I muttered in a low tone. "Isn't he your sitting partner?" Jess asked. In silence, I turned to him watching him.

"Adrian..Adrian," the cheerleaders cheered while the others clapped, jumped and shook their heads. I joined them clapping due to Kate's insistence. The place became quiet all of a sudden as people watched in suspense to see the winner. Bliss Boys were depending on Adrian for victory.

When I looked around for Red Vipers goalkeeper, it was Nathan. He was trying to concentrate. Critically studying Adrian's movements, my eyes moved to Adrian with the basketball. The wind blew against my hair making it float in the air.

"Adrian," they all chorused shaking me with their pushes. Adrian looked at me in a weird way when his sight caught my eyes. Amidst the cheers Nathan recognized mine. He checked around for a while before he recognized me.

He traced my eye direction and saw him looking at me. He looked back quietly and gave his final position as Adrian threw the ball into the court for a goal. The ball moved slowly around the circle,making us anxious. The ball moved gradually backwards then...goal!! we all yelled.

The cheerleaders were dancing joyfully. All Bliss Boys gathered around and raised Adrian up cheering.

"Let's get ready girls," Tricia connoted before she pulled us away. I wondered how he could play so well and pondered on my team playing against Catherine.

I always wondered why she disliked me from the start. She was one of the best b-ball female players but was a quiet student who performed well. I only saw her speak to Adrian. As we entered, the whole crowd cheered for us.

I passed by Nathan as he exited the court. I folded my lips and run without looking at him.

I rushed to my position although my heart was racing.

"Take your positions, Sugar Girls and Spice Yoga," he commenced. The center threw the ball as Tricia caught it. She bounced it several times and passed it abruptly to Kate who catched it without much difficulty. I was the goal defender hoping for the best.

Kate passed it to Courtney but Catherine's friend Tracy catches it throwing it back to Cathy. She moved closer to the goal post, looked at me and laughed. I was determined not to let her win. She threw the ball into the court but it rolled off. I immediately rushed to take the ball. Out of anger, she blocked my way making me trip and fall hard on the floor.

The whole crowd realized her doing and called for help. No one was available on the security team to lift me up. I was feeling so much pain especially on my back.

"Clara! They're almost here. Hold on," Jess said and stroked my face softly. But I couldn't take the excruciating anymore. For a brief moment, I saw Cathy being pulled away. I was feeling dizzy and high but I managed to hear arguments on who to carry me.

Suddenly, I felt someone's hands carrying me all the way to the first aid room. He laid me carefully on the bed and touched my forehead. I was burning up and feeling pains all over my body. Tricia offered to help him but he didn't respond.

After dropping me on the bed, he turned around to leave spotting the school nurse.

"Wait! Come back!" I heard before drifting off to sleep.

Comment 🌸 Vote 🌸 Share

A/N- Thanks for reading,are you wondering who helped her? Stay tuned for more updates

A/N- Thanks for reading,are you wondering who helped her? Stay tuned for more updates. Please vote and comment.