I scratched my cheek and replied, "I saw it on the bulletin board."

It was silent for a moment. Finally, Angel said, "It's a charity event. Invite only."

Slumping down in my chair, I whined, "What?! But I actually wanted to see you play."

He scoffed. "Why? You would probably find it boring anyway."

Truthfully, I had never attended a concert before. It wasn't something I had a particular interest in. However, I responded, "No, not if it's you. Plus, it's something I would like to experience at least once."

Angel stared at me for a moment. He then reached into his backpack and took out a small rectangular slip, handing it to me.

"What's this?" I asked as I was about to take it.

He then snatched it away from me and turned his head, "If you don't want it then-"

He was as bratty as ever. I stood up and quickly took it from him. "No! I want it, I want it!"

Looking down at the ticket, I smiled. The concert would take place tomorrow evening.

"A bunch of old people will be attending, so if anyone asks you're my very very very distant relative."

I rolled my eyes. It was obvious that this would be an elegant event, so I realized I had absolutely nothing to wear for it. I couldn't wear my uniform or they'd kick me out.

During lunch the following day, I asked Iris and Tulip if they had any nice dresses that could possibly fit me. I wasn't going to bother asking Poppy as she was way too small. I would just end up stretching her clothes out and I'd look like a walking bafoon.

"Sorry Camellia, but you're too tall to fit into any of my clothes," Tulip confirmed the undeniable.

Iris nodded in agreement. "I'm afraid the same goes for me."

I lowered my head in disappointment. What was I to do now? I couldn't show up to a fancy event with jeans and a shirt.

"Why don't you ask Zinnia?" Iris suggested.

A bulb lit up above my head. "That's right! She looked a little taller than me but I'm sure we're close to the same size!"

But my bulb quickly dimmed. I wasn't entirely sure if Zinnia considered me a friend because we had only met once. It didn't hurt to ask, though.

I received her room number and quickly made my way to it. Angel's performance would be starting soon. After knocking, her voice comes through.

"H-Hey! It's Camellia from the sports festival. I was hoping you could help me with something?"

Zinnia didn't say anything after that but to my surprise, she opened the door. "You're that walking disaster!" She bellowed a laugh.

I simply gave her a fake laugh and smile. Was I that much of an idiot? Zinnia was, more than often, a very blunt person. And that was putting it nicely.

She leaned against the frame of the door and asked, "What's up?"

I fiddled with my fingers. "Um, I know we barely know each other, but I was hoping you could lend me a dress or something nice that I could wear. I-If you have any."

Her eyes gazed up and she placed a finger on her lips, appearing to be deep in thought. I felt like such a train wreck. Zinnia finally spoke, "Yeah, I think I might have something."

My face brightened. She led me inside and showed me her closet. It seemed as though she was much more fashionable than I would have ever imagined. Why she would need all these clothes for a school that wears purely uniforms, I would never know.

She took out a navy blue dress and shoved it to my chest. "Here, take this one. Oh! And these heels," she said as she crouched down to slide out a box of matching stilettos.

"You never know when you might go on a spontaneous date." She winked.

"N-No, you're too generous!" Zinnia hadn't even asked what I needed it for, yet she gave it to me without a single hesitation.

"It's no biggie. Think of this as a thank you for making me crack up so hard the other day!" She gave me a slap on the back.

The people I've come to know here are one of a kind. I had never known people this friendly before. I never wanted these moments to end.

I smiled. "Thank you, Zinnia."

She returned the gesture. "Be home by midnight! Now go on," she said as she pushed me out the door.

Zinnia was as right. I had to get a move on! Running back to my room, I threw the dress onto my bed and placed the shoebox on my desk. I stumbled back and forth trying to put on the heels and dress.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I realized how nice I could look if I put in some effort. "Oh shoot! I'm gonna be late!"

I rushed out the door and sneakily headed straight for the theater.

━━━━