38. changed

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

I stood there in shock after hearing Jay. My heart started beating faster. Did he really want to break up with me? My tears started falling as I got closer to him. "Jay you didn't mean it, right?" I held his hands only to be pushed away by him. I got pushed slightly causing me to almost fall down. With red eyes I looked at him, he wasn't looking at me rather he kept his stare down, almost ignoring me. Maybe he really wanted to break up with me.

"Look Jiwoo, I'm really sorry but please I wanna break up." He said again as my heart broke causing a slight pain. I walked closer to him again and caressed his cheeks lightly as he tried to budge but stopped. "Is this really the end of us Jay? You're choosing my cousin over me? I thought you loved me. Please tell me it's a lie." I tried not crying in front of him but the tears fell helplessly and I couldn't control it.

"It isn't. I'm sorry."

My hands fell to my sides after hearing his final reply. Stopping my tears from falling I blankly stared at him. "So you played with me all these while to just choose her at the end. Great Park Jay." I scoffed after sniffing and rubbed my wet eyes. He really played with me and then bam he was done and then just broke my heart. Well played Park Jay.

"Have a great relationship with Jugyeong." I sarcastically said before leaving the terrace. Something came into my mind stopping my feet. Without even thinking once, I took out the ring he gave a few hours ago and threw at his direction.

"I hate you Jay."

-

"Jiwoo what happened-" Jake stopped me when I reached that floor but I just ignored him, took my bag and left the place without saying anything. "Jiwoo!" I felt Jungwon call out to me but too late, I had already left the place. I wasn't only sad but angry as well. I was dangerously furious at the moment. I could feel the old Jiwoo coming back. The one who was always rude, who was always in pain and whom no one ever accepted. And I was finally back to crying.

(a/n - hello darkness my old friend~)

-

Jungwon's POV

I saw Jiwoo angrily leave the hospital. And I knew she was crying. But what happened? We waited for Jay hyung to come down and explain and soon I saw him slowly walking down the stairs with a blank expression. Quickly making my way to the said man, "Hyung what happened? Why was Jiwoo crying?" It was almost as if I was blind, I couldn't see or understand what was happening and Jay hyung didn't even answer. "Goddamn it, hyung what the heck did you tell her?!" I shouted as he finally looked at him a bit startled.

"We broke up Jungwon." He emotionlessly said as I squinted my eyebrows in confusion. "Jay what are you even saying?" Jake hyung said out from behind me as I still couldn't process anything. "I'm sorry." He just looked down, guilt obvious in his tone as I bit my lips, running my hands through my hair. "Why would you do that?" Sunoo hyung sounded extremely sad. Why wouldn't he? Jaywoo was the perfect example of a trustworthy couple. But seemed like Jay hyung broke her heart.

"Guys they broke up, it's done. Nothing can be done now." Heeseung hyung protested while I impatiently grabbed my coat and set outside to find my sister. It was midnight and she didn't even take her coat with her. "Gosh Jiwoo where are you?"

-

Jiwoo's POV

I was just walking down the neighborhood without caring how cold it was and that I was probably sick by now. My nose was runny, my eyes were swollen and I had a bad headache at this point. Still couldn't believe Jay would do something like this. He broke my trust. I sobbed not looking at my surroundings and finally reached the dorm. I didn't want to stay there anymore. I don't know where I'd go but not there anymore.

Entering the dorm, all the good moments we all spent flashed in front of me. Too bad they were going to be good memories and good days now cuz I won't be here anymore. Sniffling, I made my way to my room and saw the pastel pink bedroom where I spent a lot of time alone. "I'm gonna miss this so much." Falling on my knees, I bursted out in tears regretting so many things. "You really had to break my heart again." I sobbed.

I felt the door of the dorm open and close as I heard footsteps running upto my room. Turning back sightly, I saw my brother panting as he looked at me with pitiful eyes. "Jungwon..." I looked down still in tears as the said man quickly kneeled down hugging me. "Hey it's gonna be okay." He tried comforting knowing it wouldn't work but atleast I had someone who cared for me.

"He chose Jugyeong, Jungwon. He broke up with me." Jungwon patted my head feeling extremely sorry about me but he couldn't do anything. He couldn't do anything for his sister and that broke his heart. "Please stop crying. Be strong sis." It hurt him to see me so helpless. "Jungwon... I'm sorry but I wanna go back to our house." Yes I'll go back to leaving my old life. The life I led when I was friendless. Jungwon hesitated a bit but nodded anyways. "Ok.. just stay here tonight. I'll inform mom dad that you're going back."

-

Jay's POV

"You can take her home in the morning." The doctor said as I nodded and sat beside the sleeping Jugyeong. I was hurting at the moment. I broke her heart. I broke the girl's heart whom I loved the most and it was breaking me apart. Deep inside I was just hoping she was fine right now but don't really think she is. But I hope Jungwon takes care of her. How am I gonna face her tomorrow morning? All these days of telling her that I like her only,
and today I broke up with her because of her cousin. On the next day of her freaking birthday.

"I'm so sorry Jiwoo." I whispered as a tear fell down my eyes leading me to look down and wipe it out immediately. "Hey, it's okay." I heard Heeseung hyung say as he sat beside me patting my back. I only looked back at him and shook my head. It wasn't okay. I'm a horrible person and it was killing me. "I hurt her hyung." I sniffed slightly as Heeseung hyung helplessly felt bad for me.

Sunoo and Jake were outside the room. "Yea they broke up..." Jake informed the other two guys who went home. Sunoo could tell that the two from the other line were having a panick attack at the moment. But nothing could be done now. He sighed sitting helplessly thinking everything would change from today. "Uhh this is really not right." Jake sat beside him and tried to comfort. But it wasn't that easy. It was still so hard to believe.

Everything changed within a single night.

| | • • • • • | |

Y'all cried a lot in the last chapter-But I feel like y'all will cry more in this chapter-

But I feel like y'all will cry more in this chapter-

Istg I'm not a sadistic 😭😭😭😭