chapter 11

skai's pov i woke up when i felt token move

skai's pov
i woke up when i felt token move. he said "i'm bouta shower babe, i gotta go in."

i said "ok," i moved off him and got comfortable into my pillows.

he said "you got work soon too babe."

i said "i have an alarm set, i know."

he gave me a kiss and said "aight grumpy."

i pulled his face back down and kissed on his face. i said "i love you."

he smiled and said "i love you too."

i let go and he went to shower. when he came out i got myself up and into the shower. i got ready for work and put a cropped jean distressed jean jacket on with this. i went downstairs and token had my breakfast waiting for me. i had been craving chocolate chip pancakes and he made them with bananas which made them even better. i took my prenatal vitamins and then ate my breakfast with the pregnancy smoothie i've been drinking everyday to make sure the baby gets all the right nutrients. i left for work and today i was showing the bump off for the first time. i had been wearing mostly baggy things until we got to inform our families. when i got to work i went upstairs and mr. channing said "congratulations skai."

i said "thank you," and walked to my office. we had an office meeting at 10am. after that i closed on 5 accounts before leaving for the day.

i drove over to the diner and as soon as i walked in, junior, who is token's mentee said "aye T, my favorite customer here."

i heard token laugh before he came out the back and from behind the counter. he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. i said "hi baby."

he said "hi beautiful, how was work?"

i said "good, i forgot our office meeting was today so it was a bunch of congratulations."

he said "how's my child today?"

i said "good, i feel like i feel movement but i could be tripping."

he kissed me and said "you prolly will soon, don't stress. soon they gon be keeping you up all night kicking ya stomach."

i smiled rubbing my belly and said "i can't wait."

he said "me either, come sit in ya booth. imma make us some food then let junior take over for the night."

i said "okay."

i followed him and sat down in the booth. he said "imma make us both platters cause i know you ain't gon finish anyway." he brought me a tub of sweet tea and cut it putting the straw in before giving it to me.

i said "thank you daddy."

he put our food on the table and when he came to sit across from me he grabbed my hands and i prayed over our food

he put our food on the table and when he came to sit across from me he grabbed my hands and i prayed over our food. he kissed my lips and then we ate. junior said "y'all really my goals. just wait til i get my shawty."

tok said "boy go on."

i laughed and said "stop being mean tok, make sure you get a good girl junior."

junior said "i will, i promise."

he walked away and token said "he loves ya like a big sister."

i said "i know that's ya young bull but that's my young bull too."

he laughed and said "oh really?"

i said "yeah he like my lil bro."

he laughed and said "yeah yeah."

i said "this is good as hell."

he said "i try, i try."

i posted the picture i took of my plate earlier captioned: if you want good eats, fw my husband @tastyts !

i said "you look good baby."

he laughed and said "thank you, so do you.. boobs out per usual."

i said "bras are uncomfortable."

he said "what you wanna do tonight?"

i said "plan the gender reveal."

he said "the due date is November 20th right? so when do we find out again?"

i said "we gon find out in June, today's May 14th."

he said "yeah we can do that."

i said "ok, and we not gon know. we gon plan it all but imma let my mama decide how to tell us."

he said "yeah let my mama help her cause you know they can't wait for their grand baby."

i said "ok babe."

he said "i'll bring the rest of ya food home babe, imma meet you at the house."

i stood up and he kissed me bout 10 times. i said "i love you."

he said "i love you more."

when i got home i showered and put on a pair of grey spandex with a white cropped shirt. i took some pictures of my mini bump and posted the picture i took today.

@skaireid: can't wait to meet our little one🧸 baby reid coming soon🤣

my instagram started blowing up and just then i heard token walk thru into our room. i said "hi daddy."

he wrapped his arms around me gripping on my butt. he said "hey baby."

i said "im bouta grab my computer and start looking while you shower."

he said "aight ma."

i grabbed my computer and laid in our bed. i put my pink and grey lap desk and put it on top of me. i decided we could have the party here. i found some cute ideas and saved them. when he got out the shower he came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. he dried off before putting on a pair of boxer briefs and got into bed. he said "what you find babe?"

i showed him all the ideas i found. we chose this one set and he bought everything for it. i said "you think it's a boy or girl babe?"

he said "lemme see real quick."

he moved the laptop and everything before he began kissing and talking to my stomach. i was just staring at him as he talked to my belly and i felt small movements again. he said "honestly i don't even know i just wanna healthy baby, that's all that matters."

i said "me too but i think it's a baby girl."

he said "why you say that?"

i said "cause i always want sweet stuff and my mama said that's a sign."

he laughed and said "yeah she could be right, my baby girl prolly on the way."

i kissed on his lips as he rubbed my back. he said "i have the most beautiful wife in the world. i don't know what i did to deserve you."