Xenophelius Lovegood

Start from the beginning

Harry looked more than happy to have his own wand again. 

"Yes, it will. Thank you. Where'd you get it?" Harry asked him.

"Took it off a snatcher a couple weeks ago. Don't tell Hermione this, but they're a bit dim, snatchers. This one was definitely part troll, the smell of him." 

I laughed along with them.

"Wonder how a troll's wand does." Harry said before raising his new wand to the flame.

"Engorgio."

The flame burst into a huge fire. If I hadn't jumped back in time I could've burned my face off. Hey, maybe that's what the feather was trying to warn me about. I doubt it.

"Reducio!" Harry quickly yelled to the growing fire.

"What's going on in there?" Hermione called from outside the tent. 

"Nothing!" We all yelled back.

She must not have beleived us because she walked into the tent a moment later. 

"We need to talk."

"Y-yeah, all right." Ron stuttered. 

Since he came back, he gets nervous everytime Hermione talks to him. Which isn't very often. I don't know if she's still mad but she does avoid him.

"I want to go see Xenophilius Lovegood."

"Sorry?" Harry asked as he stood up.

"See this." Hermione pulled a small book out from her pocket and rose it to show us. "It's a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindewald. Look at the signature."

At the bottom of the letter was the symbol from Hermione's book and Mr. Lovegood's necklace right next to Dumbledore's name.

"It's the mark again. It keeps popping up." I said as I stood to face the two.

"In Beedle The Bard. In the Graveyard in Godric's Hollow." Hermione listed.

"It was there, too." Harry said.

"Where?"

"Outside Gregovich's wand shop."

"But what does it mean?" Ron asked as he finally stood up with the rest of us.

"Look, you've got no idea where the next horcrux is and neither do I.  But this, this means something. I'm sure of it." Hermione said, looking at each of us as she did.

"Yeah. Hermione's right." Ron agreed. "We ought to see Lovegood."

Hermione still didn't look happy with him but she did look appreciative Ron was backing her up.

"Let's vote on it. Those in favor?" I asked as I raised my hand.

Ron was first to raise his, then Hermione, than Harry relcutantly raised his after a few more moments of thought.

"So it's settled then. We're going to Luna's house."

~

That night, I lay outside the tent, looking up at the stars.

Star gazing has always been one of my favorite things to do to get my mind off things and right now, there's a lot I need to get my mind off of.

I heard someone exit the tent and walk over to me. They laid down beside me and I turned to see Harry.

"It's beautiful outside tonight." He said, looking up at the stars.

I turned back to the sky. 

"Isn't it?"

"Do you remeber that day on the qudditch pitch in fifth year? Where you were telling me the cloud's stories?"

I laughed lightly as I remebered back to that day. Just before it, I had cornered Harry in the hallway after acting suspicous during Dumbledore's army.

There was probably a better approach to that situation but who doesn't love a little drama everyone once in a while?

"Yes. Like it was yesterday."

"That was the day I realized." 

"Realized what?"

"That I was in love with you."

A smile formed on my face as I remebered back to after I had cornered Harry in the hallway. To us laying on the grass looking up at the moving clouds, creating stories for them. 

"Want to know when I realized I love you?"

"Yes."

"Breakfast."

"Breakfast?" He repeated, laughing.

"Yes, don't laugh. I was kind of oblivious." I defended, laughing along with him.

"Ok, ok, tell me the full story."

"Well, one morning in fifth year, I was sitting across from you at breakfast and I spilt my pumpkin juice, and you know how much I love pumpkin juice, so you gave me yours and then I just knew."

"You realized you were in love with me over pumpkin juice?" He said with that stupid grin he always does. That stupid grin I love so much.

"Yes. Yes, I did."

"My story will be better to tell Ascella and James."

"Yes. Yes, it will."

~

The next morning, the four of us got up at the crack of dawn to walk to the Lovegood house.

Ron and Harry walked ahead of Hermione and I, talking about whatever it is those two talk about.

"You're not still mad at him, are you?" I asked Hermione.

"I'm always mad at him."

A response to which I rolled my eyes at. 

Harry and Ron stopped ahead of us on a hill. When we caught up to them, the house was in view.

"Luna." Ron said.

"Luna." Harry, Hermione, and I repeated.

A girl I never knew I could miss so much.

We continued our walk down the hill to the large grey house. On our way, we passed Luna's garden. She always told me how she loved her garden more than anything and how she does her best to keep the nargles out of it.

Speaking of, it's been four years since I asked her what a nargle was and I still don't have an answer.

Hermione knocked three times on the wood door.

Mr. Lovegood answered it. He looked a mess. His hair uncombed, clothes torn and ragged, dark circles around his eyes.

"What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" He asked.

"Hello. Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter. We-we met a few months ago." Harry greeted from behind us all. 

"Could we come in?" 

-------------------------------

(1420 Words - Published January 12, 2021)

I'm so exited for the next three chapters. They are the defintion of giving the people what they want.