15: Search and Recover ༄

Start from the beginning

             On the other hand, she knew very little about the Chiattoria clan. They were a sore subject among the group. Although, from the way things in Iphorus were described to her, she couldn't say she was surprised. She wouldn't be so inclined to talk about a clan that flipped her world upside down either.

    A pair of footsteps started to make their way into the living room. Taehyung and Eden sucked in their breaths, grabbing each other silently as means of protection.

    "We know you're here," A gruff voice called out. "Surrender peacefully so we don't have to kill you."

    What the fuck.

              "Eden?"

               Eden snapped from her reverie to see Taehyung peering down at her. "Yeah?"

               "We might need to run," he muttered. "But you're weak and I don't bench nearly as much as Jungkook does. We may have to swap out."

                "Swap out?"

                 Taehyung pressed himself against the leather of the recliner behind them. Eden was very used to seeing a playful or goofy grin adorned on his face, but now that they were in danger that grin was nowhere to be seen. He looked terrified.

                 "I'm... not that good at fighting," he mumbled. "So I was the best option for you to stay hidden with. But if we have to run then I should switch with Jungkook. He can carry you."

                  The look on Taehyung's face broke Eden's heart. He looked absolutely defeated.

    "I can fight," She offered weakly. "I was in karate for years. I'm an advanced brown belt!"

    Taehyung managed a small grin. "While that's impressive, you couldn't win a fight against these guys. They're comfortable with their powers, you don't even know what your powers are."

    He patted her back with a sigh, his eyes flicking back up to monitor their surroundings. "We're at a disadvantage since Yoongi isn't here. I hope they can handle it."

    The gruff voice from earlier let out an other worldly growl before sending his fist flying into a nearby wall. The room shook, with picture frames falling and shattering from where they stood.

              "You're cowards," he yelled. He stopped his steps and let out a roaring laugh. "You know we have your precious leader, right? Just come out and we'll give him back."

    Jungkook suddenly materialized in front of the duo, rushing forward quickly on his feet with his fist raised. He ran out of sight, and the next thing Eden heard was his fist connecting with skin.

                "Piece of shit," he yelled. He landed another punch, anger overtaking him. "Where is he?"

                "You got spunk kid," the intruder chuckled. "But not enough."

                Eden and Taehyung watched in horror as the man picked up Jungkook and threw him. He slammed against the wall hard, the wind getting knocked out of him as he slid to the floor. She bit her tongue, trying to keep from screaming for him to get up.

              "You're a real shithead," Jungkook coughed. He pushed himself up to his feet, wiping away blood from his busted lip. "Tell me where he is."

                "Fuck," Eden whispered. "He's gonna get hurt."

                "I'm watching him," Taehyung mumbled. "He's okay for now."