Demons In The Closet

The soldiers cautiously close in around us, both of us waiting for the other to attack first. I notice Bianca's breathing getting heavier, she's getting nervous which in turn makes me more nervous. Finally one of the soldiers lunges at Bianca, she quickly fires multiple rounds at him killing him instantly. This, however, started a chain of attacks from the other soldiers, and a couple of them come after me with clawed gloves. Thinking fast I slash my blade towards them hitting one and stunning him while the other jabs at me aiming for my throat, and he would have connected if I didn't block it with my other blade. The stunned soldier unsheathes two swords and lines up for a deadly strike. Bianca shoots the swordsman square in the face penetrating his visor causing him to collapse to the ground dead. "Thanks!" I say to her. "No problem!" She says back.

Suddenly the entire room broke into a rage and rushed all of us, instinctively Cyrus brings up a wall of fire surrounding us. "Holy shit things just got more intense! Ok, I can hold them off for a bit while you two go after the leader, I can still see him on the stage!" Cyrus yells at us. "What no way how you get through these guys let alone us!?" Bianca yells. Cyrus opens up a path for us through the hoards of soldiers and directly to the stage, "Go! Don't wait up for me just get the leader!" Cyrus yells at us. Bianca understandably hesitated but I grabbed her hand and together we ran to the stage. Once we got up there the leader ran towards the exit, we pursued closely behind.

We catch the leader running down a hallway to our right, both of us quickly chase after him. Eventually, he runs into a room and locks the door. "Ha he thinks he can lock us out does he?" I say to myself. I use my light blade and break open the door, once we were in we realized that we were led into the exact room the SkyLink was in, Bianca sees the leader standing in front of the machine. "Stop! Don't you touch that!" Bianca yells at him. "Excuse me? Woman, do you know who you are talking to? I am the great General Misha Imbhov, I led men to countless victories in many wars. You do not bark orders at me you worthless bitch, you're lucky I don't kill you where you stand!" Imbhov yells at Bianca, who stood there mouth open in shock. "Hey look buddy I don't give a damn who you are, you don't know what you're doing with that thing, let alone what it's capable of. Second, no one talks to my friend like that you fucking asshole!" I yell at him.

As I approach him blades out, he turns around and hastily activates SkyLink. The wail of the machine fills the room along with an explosion of blue light. I run towards him about to slice him into shreds until he karate-style kicks me in the chest knocking me down instantly and knocking the wind out of me. "Alex!!!" Bianca screams. She runs at Imbhov and lunges at him, but he grabs her and tosses her into the portal. "No Bianca!!!Why you son of a bitch I'll kill you!!" I scream. In a fit of blind rage, I attack Imbhov with my two light blades. I slash at him multiple times, I stabbed him, I beat him into a pulp until he finally succumbs to his wounds.

After a while (and a few kicks) I calm down, I look down at my hands, they're covered in blood. "What...what did I just do? Oh god, oh god what did I do!" I shakily say to myself. I begin to tear up, what has this world done to me? I just killed a man with my bare hands, I wanted to ball up and cry but I have to save Bianca first, I can't let her get killed in there.

I walk up to the portal, its deep droning gives me a sense of dread, whatever is in there...no I won't even think about that, an innocent woman was just thrown in there, I gotta save her no matter what's in there. So...I walk in, I walk into SkyLink itself.

The world I end up in...It looks like some sort of purgatory, a space between life and death. The air smells stale and the ground feels moist and sticky. I yell out for Bianca, hoping I'll get a response. I look around me and all I see is nothing but a vast black plain that extends into infinity and a clear velvet sky. Once again I yell out her name, this time as loud as I physically could, and still no response. I began to walk forward and only forward so I could just turn around and walk right back, I mean she couldn't have gotten far right? It's only been a few minutes.