sam got up and took the empty chair next to him, she grabbed his hand and he looked down at her.

"memaw says troy's a fighter, my sister's gonna be okay."
- - -

three hours had gone by and everybody had fallen asleep except for tootie and wiz.

"i'm sorry." tootie mumbled and wiz looked over at her.

"fa what?" he asked her.

"maybe if i didn't ask her ta come help me this wouldn't have happened, i'm sorry wiz i really am." she said as tear brimmed her eyes.

wiz got up from his chair and walked over to her, he slipped next to her and threw his arm around her shoulder.

"it ain't yo fault." he mumbled and she cried on his shoulder.

he kissed her forehead and calmed her down, her face was puffy and flushed from all the crying she had done over the past few hours.

"this feels like what happened ta sasha all over again." she muttered.

"it do, but god don't make no mistakes everything happens fa a reason." he said and she nodded.

"i remember the day we met her, you was so mean," tootie laughed lowly.

"i just ain't talk ta ha that's all." wiz said.

"then you went all mushy, you love her don't you?" she poked his side.

"ion know." wiz shrugged.

"lyin is a sin y'know?" tootie said to him.

"i'm not lyin, i just don't know." he told her.

"you scared." she told him.

"scared a what?" he asked.

"loving her, you don't think you capable of doin so." she read him like an open book.

"shut up." he mumbled.

"why? cause i'm right and you know i am."
- - -

a few more hours had went by and the doctor entered the room, he saw everyone peacefully asleep. he went up to miss. gina and tapped her lightly.

she got up and stood up from her chair, "is she okay?"

"yes, but she's currently in critical condition luckily the two bullets to her back missed all her vital organs. she lost a lot of blood from the wounds to her shoulder and leg, but she's fine." doctor mason told her.

"oh thank god, can we see her?" miss. gina asked with hopeful eyes.

"of course she's in room 307, but please be careful with her. i'd avoid any hugs right now," he told her.

"okay thank you so much." doctor mason left the room and everybody woke up.

"that was the doctor?" whitley asked.

"yeah, he said we can go see her but she's in critical condition at the moment." miss. gina told them and the nodded.

everybody walked to troy's room in silence and they stood at the door not wanting to open it.