"could you just tell me what happened." he said getting out a pad and a pen.

"i called troy ta help me get the groceries and everything just happened so fast. i heard the gun go off but troy um- she pushed me to the ground and huddled over me i could hear when the bullets hit her body." wiz got up from the chair and left the room, whitley followed behind him.

"i just kinda blacked out after that." tootie finished.

"okay and do any of you know who did this to your friend?" officer shane asked.

"dasha jones." nana spoke up.

"alright thank you for your time, i hope everything is well." he tapped tootie's shoulder before leaving off.

"ya'll what if she's dead because of me?" tootie mumbled and fiddled with the blanket laying over.

"don't talk like that." kiara said with a huge frown on her face.

"she gone make it my grandbaby is a fighter." miss. gina said walking into tootie's room with sam in tow.

"miss. gina," tootie smiled slightly.

"how you feelin?" she asked the girl.

"i got a headache, but i just wanna know if troy is okay." tootie answered.

"sorry i had to meet ya'll on such an occasion, i'm gina troy's grandma." miss. gina introduced herself.

"i'm sam, troy's sister." sam piped up.

"it's good ta finally meet ya'll, i'm-" miss. gina placed her hand up to stop nana from introducing themselves.

"i know who you are, troy talks about ya'll all the time especially that wiz boy and you." she said looking over at tootie who blushed lightly.

"do you need us ta getchu anything?" ace asked her.

"i'm just fine." sam clasped her hand with her grandma's and held it tightly.

"she's gotta be okay, i didn't get to say i love you." sam mumbled to herself.

"she'll be alright."
- - -

whitley followed behind wiz who was getting ready to the leave the hospital all together.

"diamonte king i know you hear me." she called after him in a firm tone making him stop walking so she could catch up to him.

"where do you think you're going?" she asked him.

"ta do what i should've done a long time ago, my girl probably dyin and i'm the cause of it." he said as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"you about ta go do somethin stupid and i won't let you, let the police handle this one please. you got lijah to look after and troy's gonna be fine." whitley said taking her hand and wiping away his tears the best she could, but with her short frame it was a bit of a challenge.

"now come on." whitley walked him back inside and ran her hand over his arm in a soothing manner.

they walked back to tootie's room and wiz took a seat, he didn't feel like talking anymore.