There was a mixture of reactions. Some were shocked and surprised, others were confused, a couple were angry. But the smart ones, they were scared.

But they all turned to see me lounging on Denis Foxworthy's seat at the head of the table. One arm slung around the back of the chair, my legs dangling off the side of the armrest, and my other hand tapping against the table beside his empty glass of bourbon. All while giving them my most lovely smile.

Though others might not consider it so lovely.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Foxworthy growled. In the pride of his ego, he only thought of me as a mere slave asking for a death wish.

I clucked my tongue and brought my hand to my heart. "I'm hurt, Denis. I know we have never been formally introduced but I know you've heard of me." I chuckled softly and with a flick of my wrist, I threw the black collar that was around my neck across the table. It landed with a clunk against the fine wood, right in front of Denis. "Some consider my arrogance and cunning world renown."

And I saw the spark in his eyes as he knew exactly who had come for him. And how close I was. How the waitress that brought him his drink was not a waitress at all.

Even for a fox, he held his emotions well, but I saw the fear. They all had the fear.

"What are you all doing?" He yelled in rage to the foxes that stayed sitting. "Get her."

But no one moved.

I chuckled softly. "Don't worry Denis, it's not that they are purposely ignoring your orders. They just can't help it."

All the foxes that sat in their seat couldn't move a muscle.

"Anthora," Foxworthy whispered. "How?"

"Yes," I confirmed. "The type of wolfsbane that doesn't kill, but paralyzes. For a bunch of paranoid foxes, they're all very trusting with their drinks."

Foxworthy searched the room, seeing how no one moved. Not even his guard dogs that stood at attendance, watching us. Not the slaves that lined the halls. I saw the confusion in his eyes as he looked at them.

"Oh no, Denis." I grinned, folding my legs under me and standing up. "I didn't give them anything. I didn't have to. Turns out they hate you just as much as I do. How else do you think I got past your security that could start a small scale war?"

The guards tried hard, but I saw their satisfaction as I prowled my way towards their boss. None of them bothering to stop me.

It hadn't been hard to convince them to let me in. Naseem only had to ask once before they were spilling all the secrets about Foxworthy and his friends. All I needed was to keep up prefaces so Foxworthy and his friends didn't catch on until it was too late.

"You see, I heard my brother was in town and like any good big sister I wanted to pop in and say hi."

"You're not going to get away with this." He spit.

I looked past Foxworthy completely ignoring him, to my little brother and grinned. "Did you think I wouldn't come?"

His grin met my own as his hand flicked and the black collar around his neck fell off. "I knew."

"You've gotten so tall since the last time I saw you." I chuckled.

He shrugged his shoulders with a small smirk. "I eat my vegetables."

I patted Foxworthy on the shoulder. "Isn't he such a good boy? Honestly, he would have made a wonderful pet for you but unfortunately, I will be taking him now."

Rey raised his head. "I don't know about that. I just gave a bunch of homeless humans access to half his bank accounts."

"What?" He screamed.

I couldn't help but laugh loudly and turn to Denis Foxworthy. "Maybe it's a good thing I'll be taking him then. For your own sake."

Foxworthy snarled in my face. I didn't flinch.

"You traitorous bitch. First chance he'll get, he will turn on you like you turned on our kind."

I gave him a big smile. "I guess we'll see about that, won't we?" I tapped my chin. "Well, I guess you won't be able to see."

He levelled his gaze with me, taking a threatening step towards me. "Are you going to kill me?"

I laughed loudly. "Of course not. I'm not a complete animal."

"You're just going to take him and leave?"

I grinned, stepping past Foxworthy. "Something like that."

He turned around to follow me as Rey and I stepped out of the dining room. "You're going to leave me?"

I looked over my shoulder and smirked. "Oh, I have my brother now. I don't particularly care what happens to you next." My gaze flicked to the guards and the slaves that stood around the room, watching Mr. Foxworthy. "But I think they'll care."

Foxworthy saw the hate in their eyes and his panic started to rise. He saw his future, and how short it was going to be. "You can't leave me here."

"Don't worry, I'm sure your friends will help you." I laughed as I swaggered down the hall with my little brother. "Oh wait, they can't move, so I guess they won't last long either."

And the foxes that he treated like dirt, that he kept chained to be his slaves advanced on him.

"Look on the bright side," I called for the last time. "At least you won't have to see the Fox Council again."

And Reykjavik and I stepped out of the house. And no one tried to stop us.

Rey grabbed my hand. "Vienna, why did you come? They wanted you here. They were going to set a trap."

"I know, that's why I came." I smiled. "Give the people what they want."

Rey grabbed my arm. "Thank you."

I looked him in the eyes, the same eyes as mine. "There was no way I was going to let any of them touch you."

And Rey smiled. A true warm smile.

"Now we have to go. When the Fox Council shows up there going to stop at nothing to kill us. Normally I don't mind, but now it's more than my life on the line."

Rey gave me a wicked grin and suddenly his scent smelt distinctly of human.

I grinned. "Glad to know you've learned a few tricks."

He grinned back. "I learned from the best."