dancing in the dark

a/n this was suggested to me by ThoseFookin_Avacados eeee

song - perfect by ed sheeran

summary: harry and louis dancing in the hall, just fluffy, lovey-dovey stuff ;)

(i've been binging friends recently and this reminds me of the iconic blackout episode ;))

harry's pov

"haz, i'll be home in 20 minutes," my husband says over the phone. i sigh and agree before hanging up.

louis was just at the studio writing some stuff down for his upcoming album, walls. i'm excited for him to get the album out to the fans, but he's been at the studio so often and i just want some alone time with him. you know, for cuddles... and other extracurriculars.

while i wait for lou, i go change into my pyjamas, which consist of loose nike sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. i flop down on the couch, about to turn on the tv when the lights flicker. i think nothing of it, until all the lights go out. i stand up to look out the window, everyone else's lights are also out. must be a blackout, i think to myself.

i rub my face with my hands, i can barely see anything and i'm clumsy as fuck. how am i meant to maneuver myself through this maze of clutter? i take tiny steps, slightly moving my position when i walk into something. i make my way to the couch, where i left my phone. i use the flashlight to find all sorts of candles to light up around our house.

just as i'm finishing lighting the last peppermint scented candle, i hear lou walk through the front door. i carefully saunter through the dimly lit house to greet my husband.

"hazzaaa, it's so dark outside," he complains before i can reach him. i giggle and set the lighter down on a table so i can embrace him properly.

"it's a blackout, lovely," i kiss his lips before he groans into my chest. "here, come put some comfy clothes on," i lead him through the weaving trail of lit wax sticks.

"hazza, i don't wanna set the house on fire, are you sure all these candles are a good idea?"

"just, sssh. we won't set the house on fire. and if we do - well then we can just move in with niall," louis laughs and kisses my hand that he's holding.

i drag louis into the bedroom and trip over something, making myself tumble onto the bed, dragging him with me.

"if you keep tripping over your feet then we might set the house on fire," he giggles into my chest, gripping my t-shirt in his little fists.

i fond at him and stroke his back. "mhm. that's okay, i'll repair everything," i promise.

"yeah, right," he rolls his eyes playfully, and sits up so he can change into his pjs.

i watch him change, my eyes focused on his beautiful, curvy body that i love so much. he leaves his pants off, so he's just in boxers, and puts on one of my oversized hoodies. he looks so adorable, his hair ruffled and messy - but so perfect, and my sweater going all the way down to his knees. louis finishes off the outfit with a knee high pair of fuzzy socks that crumple up, so they only reach halfway up his calf.

"i know the power's out but you don't have to use me as your tv," louis uses his socks to slide on the hardwood floor, appearing right in front of me.

"but i want to," i hook both my arms around his waist, pulling him in between my legs. "you're so adorable," i mumble truthfully.

"am not, i'm big, strong and burly. you cannot find a big, tuff man, such as i, adorable," louis huffs. i laugh and kiss his lips. he holds my face with his small hands and i smile into the sweet kiss.