"Woww! Mushrooms! You are the best. Love you, Mom!" Squealed a happy Rishab seeing his favorite mushrooms in dinner. Ishani smiled and ruffled his hairs.

"Love you too. Now have it." Nandini made disgusting face looking at it and started checking another containers. Ritesh looked at her while eating.

"Nandu, what happened? What are you looking for?" He asked.

"Papa, I am looking for another sabji." She replied. "Where's it maa?"

"I didn't make another one. Only mushrooms. Have this only Nandu." Nandini made bad face.

"But why maa? You knew na I hate mushrooms. Still you.."

"I know but Rishu loves it na? That's why thought to make it. And anyways I make two sabji daily. If didn't make today what's a big deal? Can't you adjust for one night? And you're not small now to show tantrums for food." Nandini looked at her sadly.

"It's not about adjusting, Maa. Rishu doesn't like almost every sabji still you never say a word and make one extra sabji so that he could eat any one. And if I deny for just mushrooms, you say I am showing tantrums? My likes dislikes doesn't matter, maa?" Asked Nandini to which Ishani looked at Ritesh and then at Nandini angrily.

"You mean to say I am being partial with you and Rishu? Aur voh kyu? Are you my step daughter? Or I got you from road? Come on, you are my own daughter. I love you the same. But I want you to behave mature and understanding. This stubbornness and comparisons are not good for girls. Rishu is younger than you, bachha hai. Maturity aayi nahi hai abhi. You are grown up now. Will get married in following year or two. Will you behave same at your in laws home? Fir toh maa baap ki ijjat utaarni hi hai unhone. Yahi sikhaya hai beti ko. So enough of your childishness now." Nandini looked at her with tears.

"Childishness! Rishu is in last year of engineering still he's bachcha for you and me...? His wish matters and If I wish to have something of my choice then I am wrong? You think it as childishness, maa? I obey everything you both tell me. I never say no. Do I? Still you always say like this. And marriage? Why you always feel like I will make you both ashamed infront of my in laws? Don't you trust me and your upbringing-"

"NANDINI!" Ritesh shouted and Nandini flinched. She was shivering while crying.

"For how many times I have to tell you that never answer back. Just say ok and apologize. A simple sorry. Don't you understand? Aur yeh sab kya bole jaa rahi ho aaj? Say sorry to Ishani and finish your dinner." Nandini looked at him unbelievably with painful eyes. For a moment, she could feel his eyes soften but then he again composed his posture.

Rishab went near Nandini and held her hand. She gripped it tight. Ishani was looking at her furiously.

"Dekha aapne Ritesh? How's she speaking to me? This, this is all because of that two friends I am telling you. Those witches started filling her ears-

"Enough maa. Not a word against my friends. They don't even know what happens here. I don't like to make an issue of small things and keep spreading here and there. And even if I tell them, they comfort me. Give me the much needed strength and love. These ear filling and all can be seen only in your tv serials." Said Nandini in between her cries. She looked at Ritesh and wiped her tears harshly.

"I am sorry!"

Said Nandini choking at her words before storming towards her room.

"Nandini!" Ritesh shouted worriedly and stood up to go to her when Ishani held his hand.