31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?

Start from the beginning

"Miss Mops?" I laughed out loud at the name Derrek had given the mopstick. "You're right though. Miss Mops is totally kicking your ass on the dance floor right now."

"That's fine. It's not a competition." Derrek shrugged as he continued to dance. I watched with a smile on my face the entire time he danced, snuggling into the throw pillows on the couch with the cool breeze from the A/C blowing against my skin. It was a perfect moment and I found myself wishing it could be like this everyday. I caught myself almost immediately and the smile fell off my face. In a couple of months, Derrek wasn't going to be in my life anymore. This was all pretend. It wasn't real, even though it had started to feel real to me.

I got up to my feet and headed into the guestroom. I had stayed here long enough. It was best I left before I got too accustomed to living like this with Derrek. I packed up my belongings into a bag and grabbed my phone and purse before heading back out. I was going to call myself a bolt ride, so, I didn't have to spend anymore time with Derrek in his car.

"You're leaving?" Derrek asked as he spotted the bag in my hand and I nodded as I made my way to the couch the furthest away from him. He was done with mopping now and had already settled on the longest couch with his laptop on his thighs.

"Yeah. Tosin's waiting for me." I said as I ordered my ride. It was ten minutes away. I gave a sigh, leaning back on the couch.

"Alright. I'll just send this email real quick and I'll drop you off." He said as he typed away on the keyboard.

"That won't be necessary. I've already ordered my ride." I politely declined and he looked up from his laptop.

"You didn't have to. I was about to head out to the office." He said and I realized he rarely talked about work. I had completely forgotten he was in charge of a multimillion dollar company his family owned.

"You've helped me a lot, Derrek. I really appreciate it but you don't have to go out of your way to help me."

"But I have to. I'm your fiancé, remember?"

"Fake fiancé." I corrected.

"We have to keep up pretenses, remember?"

"It's not a big deal if I take a bolt ride. You just said you were on your way to the office."

Derrek looked like he wanted to argue but he didn't. Instead, he got up to his feet and headed into his room.

A couple of minutes later, my ride arrived and I called out to Derrek to let him know I was leaving. He stepped out of his room dressed in a black well fitted suit and a white collarless shirt which made him look very smart and absolutely breath taking. He should have worn a suit everywhere. He looked so good in them.

"Tiara." He called as he walked up to me. "Do you think this is alright or should I go with the blue shirt?" He gestured the blue shirt he was currently holding up to his body.

"I like the white on you." I said without hesitation. There was really no comparison between the two. With a nod, he walked back to his room and returned a moment later. "My Bolt's here, so, I'm leaving." I informed and he nodded, hesitantly.

"Text me when you get to Tosin's." He said and I gave a nod before turning to head out. A small part of me wished he had insisted on dropping me off but another part of me was glad he didn't. He was messing with my head and I didn't like it.

*

"Tee Tee, do you love me..." I began to sing my remix to Drake's In My Feelings as soon as Tosin opened the door. I expected her to eye me for coming over much later than I had promised but she had a sad look on her face instead.

"Thank God you're here." She said in a serious tone as she stepped aside to let me in. Something must have happened. Had she and Alex broken up?

"What's wrong? What happened?" I questioned, following her into the living room. There was a dark skinned and pretty young woman seated on one of the couches. She looked our age.

"There's some new information that has come to light and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't share it with you." Tosin said and for some reason, I got nervous. My heart pounded in my chest as she gestured for me to take a seat. I did so on the couch beside her friend and took in a deep breath, waiting for the bomb she was about to drop.

"What's this about?" I asked, glancing from her to her friend who leaned forward in her seat as she turned to face me. Her black long bone straight wig, flowing down her shoulders in the process. She flicked it back over her shoulders.

"This is my friend, Rachel and she's a journalist." Tosin introduced and I gave an awkward wave which she returned with an even more awkward smile. What did Rachel have to do with anything? Had she found out about Derrek's and my sham of an engagement? I got even more nervous and swallowed hard as I waited for any one of them to speak up.

"I unfortunately have some bad news for you. It's about your fiancé, Derrek Dune." Rachel said and I glanced at Tosin who gave a sigh and settled down beside me, wrapping her arm around me as if in comfort. What the hell was going on here?

"What about my fiancé?" I asked, pushing Tosin off me. I had no idea what this journalist was about to say and I had no idea what to expect? What could this bad news have been? Was Derrek in some kind of trouble? What was it?

"I'm afraid Derrek is—" Rachel was interrupted by the loud knocking on the door. All heads spun in the direction of the sound and I wondered who could have been knocking so loudly. Did they want to break down the door?

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked as Tosin got up to answer the door.

"Actually, yes." She answered as she disappeared into a hallway covered by the white wall. A few moments later, she returned with an angry looking Naborhi following behind her.

"I'm going to kill that jerk, Tiara. I promise you." Naborhi swore and I stared at her confused.

"What the hell is going on?"

***************************

Happy New Year loves!!!

Here's a little new year's present for y'all.

What do you think the bad news is? Any guesses?