Chapter 12: Embrace Death

Start from the beginning

I slid underneath a soldier who could grow a few sizes taller and wider. I made my leg into a katana and slammed it into him when I stood back up.

Our army was completely destroyed. It was only me and One for All. I took down another set of soldiers when both my arms became machine guns.

"Y/N, I don't see us getting out of here" One for All said once we dove behind a collapsed building.

"Don't say that, All for One is right there" I denied, looking at the villian. I took out a good portion of his army and One for All weakened him to an extent. It still wasn't enough though.

"I already passed on my quirk. They evacuated along with the rest of the city, there will be a next generation of heroes. We did our time. You did your time, rest easy soldier"

I grit my teeth. All for One started this all, he ordered that bomb to drop in the small town. He killed my wife and gave my daughter radiation. I had to make him pay, or else it would all be for nothing.

I stood up from the floor, leaving the injured hero on the floor, I noticed how he had already taken his last breath. It was just me now. I took a deep breath and jumped from behind cover.

"A single soldier? How pathetic!"

The soldiers ran at me. I dodged and parried, killed and took a few hits. A shard from a metal user pierced my stomach, I felt my heart rate increase.

"Don't you dare give up on me right now" I commanded my heart, as if it would listen. To my surprise, my heart started beating normally again as if I wasn't just stabbed in the stomach. Must've been the adrenaline.

My hand became a hammer and I slammed it into the head of an oncoming attacker. The hammer turned into a shotgun. I spun from my knees and shoved the barrel of the gun into someone's stomach, shooting it without a second thought.

I noticed All for One fuming in anger. He had a weapon with him. As soon as he activated it, it would explode and this weird metal like material would shoot from it.

I sighed when I realized he was going to throw it. There wasn't anything I could do now, I failed. What can a single soldier do?

The bomb dropped in front of me and activated. The metal was as long as poles, and it shot in all directions. The metal pierced my arms, legs, and it went straight through my heart.

I dropped to the floor and I felt my heartbeat drop. Though, it only did when I accepted death.

"Just kill me. Stop beating already" I whispered from the floor, and closed me eyes. My heartbeat stopped, and I was gone from this miserable world.

That was when I felt my heartbeat start again. I felt like nothing had happened at all.

The poles in my body were gone, as if my body had completely regenerated.

I got up, noticing I was a lot shorter than I originally was. I looked up, the opposing army was cheering from the victory. I looked down, noticing two flintlock pistols in my hands, I never once owned this type of gun.

All for One turned to me, seeing my young appearance made him falter.

"Sir, didn't we already kill him?" One soldier asked, pointing over to my unscathed form.