Chapter 12: Embrace Death

Start from the beginning

She wordlessly hugged me. Jupiter came out of her room a few minutes into the hug and decided to join.

Two weeks later, I was sent back into the military to stop a single man. Or so we thought was a single man.

~🦋~

"One for All! We lost our entire Eastern fleet!" I yelled. I jumped over an attacking man, who had the ability to shoot lasers out of his hands. As I was over him, my arm became a flame thrower and I took him down.

"I thought he was working alone. Turns out he had a large portion of the West on his side" One for All said with gritted teeth. He charged up his punch and made an oncoming piece of rubble burst.

I heard something from above us. I looked up to see an enormous blimp. They didn't stop above us, they kept going from the direction we marched from.

Back at home.

"We got to send soldiers back!" I yelled. One for All nodded, me and a handful of soldiers ran back to the military trucks.

The blimp made it there before we did. It already dropped the bomb before we could get there. I jumped from the truck as it came to a stop. I looked up to the blimp, it was ready to take its leave.

I lifted my arm, an RPG replaced my arm and I shot it at the blimp. It burst into ash, nothing was left of it. I looked around, a good portion of the town was destroyed.

I sent the others to look around for injured. I ran to my house, call me selfish for it but I didn't care if it was.

I got to my house, it was hit by a portion of the explosion. I ran into the rubble and looked around.

There I saw Shiyuna on the floor. I fell down next to her, there was no way this could be happening. I hugged her body close, I couldn't see Jupiter anywhere.

I closed Shiyuna's eyes and slowly got up.

"Sir! The daycare wasn't hit!" A soldier informed. I turned to look at the soldiers, who had many kids with them. I looked at the kids, and one little girl ran up to me in tears.

"Dad!" Jupiter cried and hugged my tightly. I kneeled down and threw my arms around her.

My mother's farm wasn't hit, but they were in town when the bombs dropped. My mother and sister were killed on impact.

Jupiter was all I had left.

~🦋~

When the soldiers did come back after retreating from All for One and his army, Jupiter was diagnosed with cancer thanks to the radiation from the bomb.

She didn't stand a chance without the technology to treat her. She died a few months after the explosion, a few months after her mother.

And then on, I didn't have anything to live for.

~🦋~

I joined the military full time, because I wanted to die on the battlefield.

"So you think you and your pathetic soldier can stand a chance against me?" All for One asked mockingly.