Chapter 2: Ain't it funny, rumors fly?

Începe de la început

It was Sean, holding me ‘intimately’ as the caption of the picture put it, on my waist while I held him by his arms. I sighed heavily and then closed my eyes. I sit down and put my hands on the table. I opened my eyes and a confused, silent Jasmin appeared on my face.

“Can you explain to me what the hell is going on here?” She grumbled. I just stare on my hands and sighed heavily.

“It was all misunderstanding Jas, don’t believe that biatch who posted the picture. I tripped and that was when Sean caught me. The caption is totally way off.” I explained to her. Hopefully she’ll understand coz’ it’s making me uncomfortable talking about this.

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” She looked a bit hurt. Oh I forgot, Jas has the biggest crush on Sean.

“I swear, that’s all. There’s nothing else going on.” I looked around and some of the girls are still glaring daggers at me. I just looked down. I want to disappear right now like seriously. I promised myself that I need to keep the invisibility cloth on to survive senior year. I don’t want to be noticed AT ALL. Then this happened, fun-fvcking-tastic.

“Okay, I believe you. But promise me, next time you’ll encounter something like that again please tell me. I don’t want to be the last person to know” She looked thoughtfully at me and I smiled at her.

“Oh I can assure you that I will stay away from Sean as soon as possible” I said in assurance.

------

“I don’t want to be bitch-slapped again so please, stay away” Somehow I managed to be calm and collected when I said those words to Sean.

“I swear, it all happened so quickly. And I don’t even know why Lexi slapped you. We broke up last week” He explained to me while we’re heading towards the exit of the school.

“Sean, please, I don’t want girls… or guys, glaring at me every time I’ll walk down these hallways. Let’s just forget that we met” I don’t know why but I regretted those last words that I said. To be honest, I want to be Sean’s friend, just like when we were 10 years old. It hurts a lot what he said in the grocery store that he didn’t remember me. But its okay, I’m not that important to him so why would he bother on remembering me.

SEAN’S POV

You want to know what’s funny? I DON’T EVEN KNOW. I’m asking myself what’s funny but nothing came in my mind. There’s nothing funny about “Let’s just forget that we met”. I watched Spencer as he walk away from me. Something’s oddly familiar about those last words that he said but I can’t put any thought in it. I feel like I’ve heard those words before, I just can’t remember when.

I just shrugged it off a bit and headed to the field for baseball practice. I walked to the gym locker room to change in my baseball uniform. I’m still spaced out and I’m still thinking on Spencer’s last words, “Let’s just forget that we met”. I don’t even know why I’m being upset about this, I don’t know if we’re friends or not. So why bother?

“Dude is there something wrong?” Kaleb appeared behind me already on his baseball uniform. Holding a baseball glove.

“Nothing, let’s just get to practice” And with that we headed to the field.

After 1 hour and a half hours of practice we headed to the shower room to clean ourselves. Once I was done showering, I changed to my regular outfit, black jeans and black t-shirt. As I was walking towards the school parking lot to my car, my stomach grunted in hunger, so I decided to go to McDonalds and grab something to eat. I parked the car at the store’s parking space for customers. I grabbed my wallet in my backpack and headed to the entrance. I walked to the cashier to order cheeseburger, large fries, and large coke.