"Stop please, it hurts, please. I told you the truth," I begged.

He just laughed and cut from my collarbone, over my shoulder and along my marred back.

I think during all the torture Greg gave me I passed out because the next thing I know I'm waking up back on the floor. I felt something around my neck, I reached up only to have my fingertips burnt. A silver collar.

I try and try to yank it off but to no avail. My fingers are burned, my body is throbbing and I just wanna give up. Footsteps can be heard coming down the stairs and I press myself to the wall, wincing at the gashes on my back.

"Everyone leave, the Alpha wants me to talk to the Omega by myself," the voice of Beta Jackson is heard.

"Yes Beta," the guards say and rush upstairs.

The Beta walked over to my now permanent place on the wall. His presence was never as scary as the other and even one time, he gave me bandages after a very rough encounter with the other pack members. Beta Jackson's wife whose name is Cornelia, is the pack doctor and often treated my wounds for me.

Beta Jackson was fairly handsome with his shaggy dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes.

"Holy hell they did one hell of a beating to you, didn't they," he says after a moment of starring at the damage Alpha John, Greg, and the guards had done to my face and body.

"Yeah, you could say that," I say sarcastically, leaning away from the wall a bit.

"Ever there is something I need to tell you and it is very important that you do not tell anybody," Beta Jackson whispers.

"What, what is it?" I ask, whispering back knowing that I have to be quiet encase someone is listening.

"You are part of a great prophecy, I can't tell you about the prophecy right now, but you find out later on. You need to get out of here, get as far away as you can," he whispers.

I nod, to shocked to answer, why would I be a part of a great prophecy? Prophecy only came once in a thousand years and came from the moon goddess, the creator of all werewolves, herself.

"Tonight at midnight, I am going to come down here, and get you out. The guard that will be guarding you tonight is on it and will transport you to the pack's borders where you will run, and ever you need to run for your life. If the Alpha finds out where you are he will hunt you down," he says, shivers go down my spine at the thought.

Beta Jackson stands up." Cornelia is going to come down shortly to treat your wounds."

"Thank you Beta Jackson," I whisper because that is all I can manage.

Cornelia walked down the stairs a little while later, gasping when she saw me. I guess I look pretty bad. She rushed over and placed the bag she was carrying on the floor and

knelled in front of me.

Cornelia reached up and touched my cheek. I hissed at the scratch on my cheek came in contact with her hand. "Oh Ever, what have they done to you?" she whispers more to herself then to me.

She looks at the collar around my neck and growled. I know, it symbolizes slavery in the werewolf community. "Don't touch it, it's made of silver," I warn her, when I see her hand reach for it.

"Let me clean your wounds, I know the Alpha and Greg have been extremely rough on you this time. Also I can smell the wolves-bane in this room," Cornelia says and starts to take bandages, ointment, rubbing alcohol, and towel out of her bag.

Cornelia cleans all my wounds, which causes immense stinging, but I know Cornelia is just trying to help me. She put ointment on my wounds before wrapping them with the bandages she brought. I know when I shift into my wolf that the bandages are going to rip.

"Thank you Cornelia, I'm really grateful for everything you have done for me," I say, giving her hand a squeeze.

"Oh sweetie you are more and welcome. You never have deserved the treatment you were given once the Alpha took you in" she says and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodbye Ever, I hope to see you sometime in the near future," she says sadly and walks away.

"Goodbye Cornelia," I whisper, sadness washing over me. 

I don't know how long I was sitting all alone in the basement. The seconds blurred into minutes, the minutes blurred into hours. A guard I have never seen came down the stairs. He looked to be in his mid-to-late twenties. He walked up to me and pulled something out of his back pocket. I flinched thinking he was about to hit me, when he knelled down in front of me.

"Don't worry, I am not going to hit you. I was sent by Beta Jackson to lead you to the border," the guard unlocks my hand cuffs.

He helps me stand. "Just don't say a word. I'll do the talking," he says and why do I feel like I am in a cheesy thriller movie? "By the way my name is Chase."

When we reach the top of the stairs we begin to make out way towards the front doors. There are guards posted at the front doors.

"The Alpha ordered me to take this girl to the dungeons," Chase says before the guards can even say a word. They nod and allow us to pass.

He leads me in the direction of the dungeons before passing right by them. He turns and shifts into a light brown wolf not minding that his uniform is now ripped. He crouches down and gestures for me to climb on. I cautiously climb on and grip the scruff of his neck. We travel fast and make to the borders in no time. He allows me to get off his back.

"Thank you," I say through the pack link.

"You are welcome, now go,"  he nudges me gently in the side.

I smile gratefully to him and he begins to run away. I walk across the border, feeling free them the torture and torment they have cause me.

"You ready Ariel," I say to my wolf.

"Hell yes," she replies and I fell myself shift.

Once my paws hit the ground I take off never looking back.

***

I hope you all enjoyed Chapter 2 of My Alpha Bryson. I apologize for any grammatical mistakes. COMMENT and/or VOTE if you liked the chapter and SHARE if you like the book.

~~BrilliantCrescent