trusting people is one of the main reasons you get hurt. you trust, you like and then it turns into love, you get attached, and then eventually down the winding paths of life, you get hurt. you get abandoned by the one you loved and trusted.

people say to only trust your family, but trusting my family only led to god taking them from me entirely until i was the last one left in my line.

maybe it wasn't god, but the devil, but either way they are gone and i will never get to see, speak, eat, or anything with them again.

the vehicle had finally come to a stop, causing my eyes to jolt open and look out the window to find a familiar place outside.

i grabbed my bag and stood up from my seat along with the last two people on and headed out of the bus, thanking the driver on my way out just to be polite. i'm sure it must suck having to drive many people in this weather all over town.

stepping both feet on the cold wet ground, i had opened my umbrella, holding it over my head to keep myself as dry as i possibly could, but even with it, there were still specks of water hitting my skin and clothing.

the water from the sky didn't bother me though, my eyes just watched as it came down and collided with the ground, splashing into puddles already formed on the pavement of the sidewalk.

great, now i have a fifteen minute walk home, and it is in the rain.

this is why i should get a better job than the one i have so i can save up to get a car and so that this all would be less... troubling.

stepping down the side of the street, the bus had taken off in the direction it came from, the man probably headed home now after a long day.

i watched the others who had gotten off as they distanced themselves further and further away, heading to where they had to be as well.

turning to my left, i headed down a shortcut to my place. this was the easiest way to get there and i hardly ever had to deal with anyone while taking this path home.

as i walked, water kept getting in my eyes, the wind blowing some of it underneath the protection of the umbrella, making it harder for me to see.

and suddenly, i had actually came in contact with someone else, the man before me hard to make out as he had a mask on and a hoodie to accompany it, as well as the rain in my eyes.

something had fallen onto the cold cement underneath the both of us as his hands were held onto my waist to prevent me from falling although i knew i wouldn't.

i looked down at the metal object that had collided with the ground, it looked to be a knife but i couldn't really tell the best before the man stepped on it, sliding the object back with his foot.

"don't say a word," was all the man before me had uttered before turning around, picking up what i had assumed to be a knife, and rushing away in the direction i was headed.

don't say a word? to who? why would that even matter? was that guy dangerous? did he think i saw his face?

there were so many questions running through my mind, and a chill up my spine to accompany them in the darkness of that alley i was now just stood in, watching the man in a black hoodie retreat into an even darker space before me.

looking up through my clear umbrella, i watched as the rain poured down upon it, the sky dark black as there were no stars in sight due to the clouds from the storm raging about.

i took a deep breath and continued walking, but something about that small encounter with that man only seconds ago was eerie.

for a second i held my breath, my eyes focused out in front of me to where that man had disappeared off to.