47

{cw - kind of steamy in parts so just proceed with caution!)

JULY 2018

Elle wakes up a little disoriented; she stretches her neck to the side, wondering why she's in such an uncomfortable position.

It's not until she rubs a hand over her face, beginning to open her eyes, that she realises she's not in her own bunk.

She and Awsten had retired to his bunk last night to watch a couple episodes of The Office together, but it turns out, their exhaustion for the better of them.

Awsten stirs beside her, and Elle watches as he rolls his shoulder, letting out a deep breath, and she places a gentle hand on his back.

He smiles to himself at her touch, despite knowing she can't see him, before he turns over, his eyes still closed softly.

"Didn't mean to fall asleep in here," Elle whispers, as he peaks an eye open. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise," Awsten frowns, his hand finding its way to rest on her hip. "It was nice."

"Nice?" She raises an eyebrow. "Are you saying that your neck doesn't ache like fuck?"

He chuckles lightly, moving closer to her. "It's worth it," Awsten places a small kiss on the tip of her nose.

Elle looks at him through her eyelashes, her heart beating a little faster at how close he is to her lips. As he leans in closer, she looks hesitant, earning a concerned expression.

"Haven't brushed my teeth yet," Elle's eyebrows knit together, and Awsten laughs mutely in return.

"Doesn't matter to me," he assures her, and she blushes, allowing him to lean in again.

Awsten presses his lips softly onto her's, with the feeling of Elle smiling against him causing butterflies to flutter in his stomach.

He pulls her impossibly closer, his grip tightening at her waist, as she lifts her leg to settle over his waist.

A soft noise slips out of Awsten's mouth at the action, making Elle's heart flutter, as she kisses him more passionately.

Her hands roam up his shoulders, her fingers finding their home in his hair, and she feels his hand move slowly down to her thigh.

In one swift movement, Awsten pulls Elle on top of him, to straddle his hips, and she giggles quietly.

"Shh," he smiles, hushing her, as he tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Sorry," she responds, reconnecting their kiss. "You just surprised me."

Awsten hums against her lips, bringing one hand to rest on the side of her face as he holds her close to him.

Their intimate bubble in Awsten's bunk seems to get a little hotter, while their kisses and touches become a little more needy.

Elle is cautious as she hovers over him, careful not accidentally move in a way that she probably shouldn't, as Awsten feels increasingly flustered.

Though, eventually, they discover that there isn't any other way they can move with the limited space, and Awsten lets out a low groan in frustration, as he hits his elbow against the side of the bunk.