29

APRIL 2018

Despite sleeping for over twelve hours, Elle doesn't think she could have been more restless.

By the time she gets up, Taylor has already left for work, leaving a note on the kitchen counter.

I hope you're feeling better this morning. You forgot dinner last night, but I stocked up the fridge. How about we get a takeaway tonight when I get back?

Also, you should probably call Awsten.

Love you - Tay x

With a sigh, Elle places the note back down where she found it; she glances at her phone that she left on the counter, before deciding to leave it for now, and she heads to get ready.

She's glad she has the day off, allowing her to dress as comfortable as possible in large hoodie and leggings, while still having time to feel sorry for herself after last night.

Without much thought, Elle decides to visit Taylor at work, bringing her a coffee on the way.

"What has you feeling so chivalrous?" Taylor raises an eyebrow.

"A simple thank you would be fine," Elle mumbles, sipping on her own tea.

Taylor gives her a sympathetic look, "you're right. Thank you," she offers her a small smile, earning a nod in response. "Have you spoken to Awsten yet?"

"Oh, uh, no," Elle shakes her head, her eyes downcast. "I haven't even turned on my phone yet."

"You probably should," Taylor suggests.

Elle pulls the device out of her pocket, turning the power on, and waiting for her screen to load.

"Oh, shit," she mutters, as countless missed calls from Awsten begin to come through.

"Wow, that's a lot of missed calls," Taylor observes, peering over Elle's shoulder.

"He was worried," she frowns, her heart sinking as she thinks about what he must've been thinking. "Oh my god, he hates me, he must hate me."

"Elle, come on, you know better than that," Taylor reasons, understanding that she's still clearly fragile over the situation.

Taylor doesn't really understand why Elle acts the way she does over certain situations; some people would say she's over reacting, but Taylor knows better.

She knows its probably because of Alex, and past experiences she's had, but she still doesn't entirely understand why; though, she's never been through it, so how could she?

But, what she does know, is that Awsten seems to understand her; she knows he's been through what Elle is going through, and it comforts her that she knows that he'll take care of her.

"I should really see him," Elle says, reading his texts intently, over and over.

"Well, that might happen sooner than you think," Taylor narrows her eyes in the direction of the door, causing Elle's head to shoot up to look the same way.

The bell rings as Awsten stands sheepishly in the door way, offering a small wave.

"Uh, hi," he clears his throat, tapping his fingers against his leg in attempts to distract himself.