You are the best bhaiyaa (Virat-Jassi)

Start from the beginning

As Mahi Bhai got out in the disastrous semi final of the CWC 2019, Jassi's eyes only looked for one person. His Virat Bhaiya. Jassi could see everyone but Virat Bhaiya. He scanned the entire place, looking for him, then got up and went to the dressing room to check. He wanted to be with his Virat Bhaiya. There he saw Virat Bhaiya sitting on a bench, crouched down, his forehead resting on his hands and looked seconds away from bursting in tears. Jassi went up to him and hugged him hard, snuggling to him. Virat looked startled, but nevertheless wrapped his arm around the kid as he tried to stop his tears. 

"Are you okay, Bhaiya??", Jassi asked, but then felt foolish for asking that. Of course, Virat Bhaiya was not okay. 

But instead of replying to the question, Virat said, "I'm sorry, Jassi. I couldn't do it. I failed to see the team through. I failed you all. I failed as a captain. I..", he couldn't continue as Jassi unexpectedly parted away from the hug, and looked at him with horrified eyes.

"What are you saying, Bhaiya? You have tried your best, we know that. We know how much this means to you. You, Rohit Bhaiya, Bhuvi Bhaiya, Jaddu Bhaiya, everyone. You gave your best. You are the best captain, bhaiya. And the best elder brother I could ask for. We love you. You can never fail us", ranted Jassi, assuring his elder brother that he is the best. 

Virat looked at his innocent eyes full of love and admiration, and suddenly felt overwhelmed. He pulled Jassi in a hug and kissed the top of his head. They remained like that for some time till Virat felt better. Jassi may not understand the magnitude of importance of this WC, but he surely understands him. Jassi parted away and wiped Virat's tears, and Virat kissed Jassi's forehead and said, "Thank you, Jassi", smiling. Jassi instantly felt happy seeing Virat's smile. "I love you bhaiya", said Jassi in the most sincere voice. "Love you too, kiddo", said Virat, lovingly ruffling his hair.

Jassi still remembers Virat bhaiya's happy face, when he got the hattrick against West Indies. Jassi himself wasn't sure if it was out, but Virat bhaiya still went with the review and when the 'OUT' flashed on the big screen, Jassi instantaneously turned towards Virat bhaiya who whooped in the air, almost two feet above the ground and then hugged him. Jassi didn't know for what he was happier -- his hattrick or the fact that he is the reason for Virat bhaiya's unfiltered joy. Later in the interview taken by Virat bhaiya he said, "I owe my hattrick to my captain", summing up all the emotions that he felt, and laughed along with his Virat bhaiya. 

Virat bhaiya's faith in him, helped him bring back his form during the NZ tour. Even when he went for more runs in the first super over, Virat bhaiya still gave him the ball, in next super over. He said, "It has to be you, Jassi. No one else." 

* * * *

Suddenly Jassi felt this unexplainable urge to go Virat bhaiya and hug him. And he didn't take much time to fulfil that urge. He leapt out of his bed and rushed towards Virat bhaiya's room. As always, it was unlocked. He opened the door and saw Virat bhaiya standing in the balcony with his back towards him. Jassi ran up to him and hugged him from behind with much force, wrapping his arms around his neck. Virat was surprised by the sudden unexpected avalanche like hug and even more surprised when he saw it was Jassi. He thought it to Harry or Yuzi, but not Jassi. 

"What happened, Jass?", asked Virat, a little worried, as he turned around and looked at Jassi.

"Nothing, Virat Bhaiya. Just wanted to thank you", said Jassi, truthfully.

"Thank me?? Why??", asked Virat, confused.

"Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you motivating me to never give up. Thank you for being you Virat bhaiya. I love you so much. You are the best, Bhaiyaa", said Jassi as he threw himself at Virat once again.

Virat couldn't help the smile gracing his lips as he stroked Jassi's back. "I'll always be there for you kiddo. Love you too, Jassi", he said fondly, ruffling his hair.

Jassi pulled away and gave Virat a 400-volt smile.

"Can we play FIFA, Bhaiya? I want to be with you", Jassi suddenly said, childishly.

Virat laughed and said, "Of course, Jass"

And they went on to play FIFA for the rest of the evening. At some point, Virat looked at Jassi, who was poured into the game, and thought that not only Jassi, he'll be there for all his kids. 

For no matter how much they achieve, how big they become, they will always be his kids.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys so this is a Virat-Jassi OS which I wanted to write for a long time. Tell me how it was...

Also, I will not take requests till the month of May from now because of my board exams. But I will post once in a while, it might not be frequent, but I will. So don't worry. I will start taking requests once my boards are finished.

Love

Baishali💖