Chapter 22- Stopping

"Hi!" Jeff eagerly waved. He had a small stature that weirdly reminded my of a chipmunk. I don't know why.

"Hello" I smiled as I walked up to him.

I stepped off the pavement and onto the grass.

"Should we go?" Jeff said eagerly as he jumped a little.

Why was he so excited?

"Wait, gimme a second" I said as I walked back to the car.

I grabbed my phone and texted Nolan that I got there safe and sound.

"Ready" I said as I quickly walked back.

He started to walk and waved me over.

"It's a pretty short distance by running" He explains "but for now we have to walk a little until we get to the right path"

Ok? so we had to walk a little before we could shift?

"I bet you have some questions right?" He smiled as he jumped around, walking backward.

"About the town I mean" He said, cocking his head.

I nodded in response. The fact that there's like no one in their town is a little bit odd

"There are almost no humans here" he suddenly said "Our towns mostly full of werewolves" He laughed at my shocked face as he walked further into the forest.

There branches sticking out at every path and roots that stuck out, I almost tripped a few times.

"There are a few humans, two, three families" he shrugged "I'm sure they wonder why sometimes there's no one in town and I feel bad for their kids, they can't really fit in"

Wow, ok. Soooooo it's kind of awesome I guess? I mean you don't really have to hide the fact that you're a werewolf in town or in public.

"So-" I started.

"We're here" He jumped "Oh what were you going to say?"

I laughed "Do you like living here then?"

it's three days after I posted this and I find out that half of my chapter didn't upload =_= thanks wattpad, thanks so much. So I'm just going to put it after this. I was going to write a new chapter but this pisses me off... I don't even remember what I wrote.

"I don't really know the difference" He rubbed his neck "I don't know what's it's like to live in a town full of werewolves" he laughed and waved "Come'on"

I shifted in the back somewhere and stepped out to see Jeff running ahead of me already. Thanks for waiting.

I run to catch up to him, making myself sprint and finally catch up to him. I had gained enough strength to probably be the same as I was before the kidnapping.

I looked ahead as Jeff nodded at me, trees everywhere and I mean everywhere. I couldn't run straight and I had to dodge the trees.

I huffed as I moved left and right and saw to my side that Jeff was advancing. He obvious would be faster, he's done this for years but was this the only way in and out?

I shake my head a little and focus on maneuvering as I see ahead of my that the amount of trees were decreasing. I shift gears and push myself to beat Jeff and ran straight ahead. I raced ahead of him as soon I was sure I could.

This was really far away.

After sprinting for about 15 minutes I slowed myself down and after what seemed like an hour of running and tag Jeff finally slowed down. He tried to crack a smile but it came out as a wolf kind of growling and he nodded.

"We're here?" I said as I put on my clothes.

"Yeah, just a little walking and we are definitely there" he laughed.

"Then..." I clear my throat as I step out of bushes "Is Jasper alright?"

I saw his whole physique change and he shifted uncomfortably but changed to his normal self.

"Yeah, he's totally fine" he laughed awkwardly.

I sighed and let it go. I would see him for myself in a few minutes right?

Walking a little more I started to see a field and a gigantic building far away.

I felt myself jump in excitement and walked faster. This was going to be awesome! I get to see him again. As I stepped out of the forest I looked in awe at the giant 4 story mansion. It was just amazing, I never saw a pack house this big.

"Amazing isn't it?" A familiar voice chuckled.

I immediately spun myself around and sprinted. Halfway there I saw a glimpse of Jasper and stopped right there in my tracks.

"I'm fine" Jasper softly whispered. He obviously knew this was the first thing I would look at.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I slowly stepped toward him and softly touched his right arm and shoulder. I winced at the sight and pulled back at the touch.

"It's alright" He whispered as he wiped away my tears "It's just a scar now"

I sniffled and touched the bumpy surface called his skin and shook my head.

"No, it's not alright" I mumble "It's not alright at all"

He was left burned that night, I should've went to get him too.

"Listen Andrew" He said softly as he took my shoulders "I learned to deal with it, I'm not angry anymore. You shouldn't be either" with that, he took my into his arms and gave the warmest hug any best friend could give.