"You're so beautiful" she said in a very manly voice she can muster.

A tint of blush escaped on Natsu's cheeks. Now the role has reversed.

"Stop that Luce! Your making me cringe!" He alarmed getting confused look from the people around them.

Lucy laughed.

"Stop laughing. It's not funny at all." He glare at her but she continued making him annoyed even more. He want to see her in a dress! A dress!!

"Why the hell are you wearing a suit? For pete's sake you're a girl and not a freaking boy!" He lectured.

"Why? 'Coz it's fun!"

Natsu massaged his forehead while nodding disapprovingly.

"Geez, what's wrong about you. I still don't understand you at all"

Lucy sensed his distress and suddenly felt guilty.

"Plus, you said I look beautiful just the way I am. So here we go..." She added and mumbled it all hoping he didn't hear it. But he heard it all out and clear.

Natsu smiled and did what Lucy do to him earlier.

"You're beautiful my Queen no matter what you wear or what you do. You're always be beautiful in my eyes. Always" he sincerely said.

The role were now back to it's proper place and Lucy blushed inevitably.

"May I have this dance?"

Lucy hesitantly replied but her action speaks for her as she respond to Natsu's invitation.

They danced together with the other guests enjoying each other's company. Wearing both in a suit, weird and confused gazes from the onlookers are present but they didn't care. As much as their concern, they are both happy being together while dancing in sync and feeling each other's warm touch.

After a moment, the music stopped and loud claps escaped within the ball. The spotlight then pointed at the center of the stage where a man on his late forties appeared with a glass of wine on his hand.

"Good evening fair ladies and handsome gentlemen. I hope you all enjoyed this lovely evening as much as a party pooper as myself hoped for you all to experience." The man playfully said and the guest chuckled yet agreed to his statement.

Lucy pinned out the similarities and asked.

"Is he your Father?"

"Yes, he is my old man" Natsu declared and you can clearly see in his eyes that he respect and adore his Father.

"Tonight we celebrate the 20th year in the making of Dragneels' Group of Companies in the business industry. And I still fairly remember the day I established this company together with my trustworthy and reliable friends. Yes, we encountered difficulties and hardships that almost break us apart yet here we are now. Still working as a team, as a leading business empire and as a family. May we continue to lead the industry to it's highest peak. Cheers for the future!"

Individual responses of 'cheers' echoes afterwards and a thundering applause. The celebration shortly ended when the man cleared his voice to continue.

"This night will also be a meaningful night not just only for the current celebration but also tonight I will announce the next in line to lead the Dragneels' Group of Companies..."

Gasps and murmurs burst into the area as the shocking announcement takes place without notice.

"What is happening?"

"Next in line?"

"This is an A news!"

Different gossips and mumbles echoed throughout the venue. Everyone is shocked and bewildered. Natsu suddenly felt cold as the announcement forego. Lucy sensed his change of aura and acted according to the mood she clapsed her hands together with his in comfort.

Natsu felt her warm touch in his hands and smiled thankfully at her.

"Everyone please welcome my next heir, the future of the Empire, my son, Natsu Etherious Dragneel!"

Spotlight lighten Natsu's direction and everyone's eyes staring directly at him while clapping their hands to congratulate him.

Natsu hold tightly Lucy's hand in bother don't know what to do. Lucy let go of her hands and also clapped her hands to congratulate him.

"Go..." She silently utter.

Natsu walked towards where his father is, still surprised by the sudden change of event. His father hugged him and murmured something in his ear before giving him the mic and the center stage.

"Hello, good evening everyone. I... I'm speechless. I don't think I am the right person for this position and I... don't think I'll be able to grasp father's passion and achievements... But, I will do everything I can and try the hardest way possible to meet all of your expectations and lead the business to be on top with no regrets. Thank you very much"

Everyone cheered approvingly at the end of his speech. He managed to win everyone's heart and support for the declaration of the next heir.

Lucy is very happy for him and can already see that he will become a very capable and responsible leader amidst his annoying personality. Her eyes wandered and look past at Zeref who's looking calm by the surprised announcement. She wonder if he's also feeling happy for his brother. Then she saw him scan the big area and meet with the eye to a man wearing an all black mask. They meet for a couple of minutes before Zeref break the ice.

Lucy once again stare at the man because of her curiosity and analyze the man. Her eyes widen when the man slowly get a pistol inside his tuxedo while looking at his target: Natsu.

Everything went in a slow motion. Everyone at the ball scream in horror as the sound of the piercing bullet escaped through the thin air.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!
THE END IS HERE!

~Sayōnara
Scardylol.out