Chapter 26: What He Knows

Start from the beginning

"That you are enough for me. I'm sorry if it came off peculiar, but the conversation we shared didn't seem weird, at least not to me. I think it was a great moment we shared... given such a bad start we've had. But even through that, I'm glad to let you know that I'm here for you. Of course, who else will you find here? I'm sorry it has to be me..."

"Don't say that... I'm glad you're here. Even if I don't know much about you, I'm glad you're very caring towards me. If only, you allowed me to know more about you. I think you're a nice man... despite the many things you've done to me, I don't think you mean any harm... right?" Jungkook questioned, in hopes to know more of the closed off man, yet Jimin stood in the kitchenette silently standing in place as the pale parts to the apples of his cheeks turned into a faint pink hue.

"Of course I won't... and maybe I should let you know more about me. You said it yourself, you won't ever leave this place... so what harm will it do to just share a few words?" Jimin replied and rubbed the side of his red cheek. Trying to ease the warm blush that erupted within his face.

After a while, Jimin walked over to Jungkook with the bowl of hot seaweed soup sitting over the tray. Jungkook watched the man as he approached him closely and began to realize how special he truly was to Jimin. Was this all because Hyunwon was supposedly his past life? Jungkook didn't want to sit and believe that Jimin only cared about him since he lived as Hyunwon before. But the more warmer and kindhearted Jimin looked, the more it began to make sense to Jeon Jungkook now. Of course Jimin would take good care of a boy who embodied his beloved in every way from his looks to the tone of his angelic voice. Jungkook just knew he was only special with the help of his supposed past self.

"My mother always told me this was a good meal to serve when anyone would become very weak," Jimin mentioned and set the tray over Jungkook's lap. "So I've always kept the tip in mind."

"You tend to cook a lot for me, did you learn this from your mother?"

"Of course I did. She taught me everything I should know about cooking. Sadly, she's no longer here..." Jimin assured as Jungkook looked down at the bowl of seaweed soup.

"Well no shit... you must have sucked the life out of her!" Jungkook thought and moved the spoon around the soup. "Well, I'm glad you were close to her... love from a mother is something no one can live without... that's a little ironic coming out of my mouth."

"That is true. She was a very nice lady, my father was a nice man as well. But of course, he's not here either. They chose to leave this world together," Jimin added and laid back onto the bed as Jungkook began to eat.

"Do you miss them?"

"Of course I do. I miss them every day. But, what I've learned is that... you're not really independent until you've experienced losing the hands that created you. By there, you learn to fend for yourself and experience many things you couldn't understand before," Jimin added. He then smiled and turned his face to point towards the boy. "I'm sure you must think you're independent right now... but that's not true. You have such a long way to go, wouldn't you say so too?"

"You're right, I'm not clear on what I need or what I want. I run from my issues and avoid many things like a child. I'm nowhere near finding out the definition of being independent," Jungkook agreed and continued to eat.

As the two began to speak about anything, not once did Jungkook touch on a subject close to the idea of what Jimin truly was. He kept that behind his thoughts and only focused on building up their bond in order to make the plan fall into place. Yet, their conversations about anything left them speaking for quite a while as if their stories had no limit. Leaving Jungkook on edge of what he would do when the day of the ball comes.

When day turned to night in a flash, Seokjin walked to Hoseok's room on the tenth floor and allowed himself in with a spare key he kept. Just as he stepped in, he smiled at the sight of Hoseok just laying over his bed and looking up at the ceiling. The pale man looked up at the ceiling, pondering many lost memories he could have spent outside of the hotel, yet there he was, wasting time in an endless loop of waking up to his hopeless dreams never becoming a reality.

"I'm glad I have that spare key... I know at times you aren't able to get up and open the door for me. Ah, what are you dreaming about now, Hope? You look happier than usual..." Seokjin pointed out with a chuckle and approached the man laying over the bed.

"I dream of returning to my family and seeing their happy smiles I've dreamt of for so long. Now, I won't have to dream about it as if I won't ever return to them, has Jimin given you a day yet?" Hoseok asked and made a bright smile even through his dim soul.

"That's what I came to talk to you about! He told me in a few weeks if we're done by then, but if we take a while, it would be in a month. So, I'll try to work really hard to get the ball ready before a month. I can tell you're getting impatient..."

"I can't wait any longer. Just yesterday I felt a chill run down my spine when I traveled to the sixth floor and left Jungkook there. I can tell Jimin continues feasting on these people so of course I can't wait. I can't wait until the night Jungkook finishes the job..." Hoseok answered and sat up to look at the prince standing right by his bed.

"Are you sure we should entrust an important part of the plan to someone who looks just like Jimin's past lover? What if he falls back on the mission and doesn't pull through? What are the odds of fate taking its place and they fall for each other in the end?" Seokjin asked. Almost instantly, Hoseok let out a scoff and shook his head.

"Jungkook is a smart boy. In no world will he find a monster like that as his true love. As long as we keep him focused on the plan, he won't fall back. I already told him the plan of finding Jimin's weakness, play off the close bond and then on the night of the ball, he strikes."

"And if he doesn't do it? What will we do? What's our plan B?" Seokjin wondered and sat next to the weak and pale man. "We can't rely on the boy Jimin will fall for once again. We can't let him get to Jungkook, we don't know him completely to believe Jungkook will actually do it. He could have a weak heart when it comes to something like that and especially when he had to 'fake a bond' with a monster who will fall for him either way. There's no avoiding it, Jimin was instantly drawn to him with a mindset that his Hyunwon is still alive."

"Then... we'll have to find another way to kill him at the ball if Jungkook falls for him.... oh god forbid he ruins this plan... please don't let him ruin this... I fear I won't stay alive long enough to see my family if that happens. He's our only chance," Hoseok whispered and combed his hair back. "But you're right. We shouldn't entrust everything to a boy destined to love a monster... what he knows, will remain the same. We will keep plan B to ourselves in case he turns against us. How does that sound?"

"Better than nothing."