chapter seven

Clarke pulled up to the building at 1 pm and parked her car. She slipped out of her door, her med bag in hand and walked into the building. Nia queen glared at her and growled when she just smiled at her. Ontari nia daughter gave clarke a look of disgust but clarke just simply kept her eyes forward. The first person to greet her was Octavia who practically jumped her with a raven at her side. 
“What the hell griff too busy to talk to your sisters now” raven hugged Clarke after octavia. 
"no i've just been busy” clarke pulled back trying to plaster a smile on her face. She still didn't know if Bellamy had them in on it and it made her uneasy. 
“So i've heard.” raven gave her a look as if to say i'm drilling you for information later 
“Were linc '' Clarke asked and looked around until she caught him standing by the elevator. Without a word she pushed past her friends and walked over the elevator
“Let's hurry up and get this done,” Clarke mumbled as she walked past lincoln who sighed. 
“ relax clarke she's not even here” lincoln whispered and clarke looked up in surprise. 
“Where is she?” her skin crawled as she waited for an answer. 
“Only anya knows she hasn't been here in two weeks clarke” lincoln said, giving her the look of'' I know you know something. Instead of answering she reached up and hugged lincoln who hugged her back. 
“I'm glad your back sis” lincoln knew something was off but put it to rest. They four of them made it to her office as rain started to pour outside. Lincoln arms were fine and healing nicely. She took the stitches out and wrapped his arm, demanding he still takes it easy, hugged them all and started down to the parking lot. She forgot her umbrella in her car so ended up walking in the pouring rain. As she started towards her car she could see a woman standing at her car leaning against the vehicle, the rain poured too much for her to see who was standing at her car until she was almost in front of the brunette with green eyes. In nothing more than jeans, a sports bra and a jacket. Blood on her arms and jacket and on her toned stomach. on her face blank her eyes staring into space as if she had not even seen Clarke yet. She was wearing boots that made her a few inches taller. Her hands in her pockets and her eyes holding sadness and a semce of hurt and worry. Clarks heart melted and  stopped as she stepped forward and  her doctor side kicked in. 
“Lexa!” she hurried forwards and Lexa finley looked at her with a sad look deep in her eyes. 
“Oh my god lexa your hurt” lexa looked down at her  own stomach and pulled her hands from her poketes looking at the bruised and bloodied hands as if she hadn't noticed the injuries intel clarke had said something. Clarke was in front of her, forgetting their fight in seconds and pushed her face around looking at the cuts. 
“ Clarke” Lexa whispered as if she had been searching for her for years.
“If you wanted my attention you could have very well come to my house. God what did you do to your face Lexa and why are you standing in the rain, 6pull get sick '' Clarke scolded the doctor in her taking fully over. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her keys unlocking her car. 
“Car now so I can actually see what I'm doing,” Clarke demanded and Lexa did what she was told, sliding into the backseat of clarks car. Clark went to the other side and slid into her back seat, closing her door soaking wet. She put her med bag in front of herself and reached over to lexa once more but this time her hands were stopped by rough and gentle ones. 
“Lexa  needs to look at your face” Clarke sighed but didn't move her arm from her hand. 
“ clarke” lexa whisperd again. Pain seeped into her eyes and Clarke felt her heart break worse than it did when she found out her brother was doing what he was doing. 
“Look, Lexa, I didn't mean what I said...I don't hate you. I was just angry '' Clarke said gently and felt lexas hands go limp on her wrist letting her get to her face. Slowly Clarke pushed her wet mop of hair from her face. The cut on her cheek still bleeding, her face still wet from rain.clarke pulled back and grabbed a gauze from her bag and started to gently dab away the blood from lexas tan face, lexa let clarke take care of her once more only being able to stare at the blonde who was so worried about the commander. a saddened expression on clarks face. 
“They said you were dead” lexa finley mumbled causing clarke to jump and looked at her with concern 
“who . i'm fine. Tired but fine.” Clarke said Lexa didn't seem to believe her and Clarke shook her head, peeling off her jacket. She pushed it onto the floor and gave lexa a stern look. 
“I'm fine, see not a scratch '' Clarke smiled and Lexa let her eyes run over clarks arms, face and body altogether a thousand times. When Lexa still didn't seem to believe her and looked as if she wasn't real, Clarke sighed and grabbed her bruised hand and held it as she started to look over it well speaking. 
“I'm alive lexa. Even though i don't know why the i6dia of me dead bothers you” clarks voice was saddened as she begins wrapping lexa hand to keep the cut down the middle of it for getting worse. lexa tensed at the  statement 
“I did not mean that.” Lexa's voice was back not it's stone cold self as she tried to retract her hand. 
“You're alive. I can go now” she reached behind her to open the door but found that steady hand on her arm stopping her. The rain outside picking up Clark could not see more than two inches outside the window. 
“You're not going anywhere. It's raining too hard. I need to finish looking at your injuries.” clarke demained 
“I can find my way into the building, '' Lexa said and Clarke shook her head no. 
“No you can't now stop trying to get away from me” Clarke sighed and shivered. It was cold in her car and she was wet.  She slid into the front seat of her car and tried running it on but the car refused to start, she sighed and slid back to the back seat without a word. 
The inside of the lexa jaket was warmer and dry due to the fact that her jacket was waterproof.  Lexa turned around and pulled her jackets off. Clark's eyes held confusion as she slid out of the jekete and a surprised gasp fell out of clarkes mouth when Lexa swung the jacket over clarks shoulders, not caring  that she herself was also cold. 
“Lexa I'm fine you'll get cold '' Clarke argued but Lexxa would not have it. 
“I do not get cold easily” Lexa said and looked into clarkes eye pleading with her to take the jackets. Clarke sighs and nodded, sliding her arm into the warm jackets slightly thankful to the warmth and lexa. she turned back to finish cleaning up lexas face and hands. After 30 minutes of silence and Clarke doing her job, Lexa had badges on her stomach, hands and face and the two wemon were sitting in silence shivering watching the rain fall outside. Well clarke watched  the rain fall and lexa watched clarke. She watched  Clarke slide her hinds into the pokete. her fingers behind to be cold even under the soft sleeve but second later her and withdrew from her pockets with a loud yelp
“Ow '' she looked down at the cut in her finger and lexa suddenly remembered she knife was in that pokete she was about to say something when Clark pulled it out and gave lexa a look that said. ‘You could have taken this out before handing me your jekete’. lexa reached across the seat and swiftly took the blade from Clark, laying it in the front seat then grabing clarks hand. 
“Sorry” lexa mumbled scooting closer to clark who shrugged. Yes she was supirsed to hear lexa say sorry but she wasn't going to show that
“It's fine” Clarke went to draw her hand back but Lexa reached over  and dried the blood off with a new gauze. Clarke shivered when lexas hands gently held her hand. Clarke remembers what she had said during their fight. That lexa was cold and ruthless. Maybe when she was in commander mode but not the real lexa. The real Lexa was soft and kind, she was warm and caring and she was showing Clarke just how caring she was by holding her hand gently and cleaning up a small cut that could be healed in a week at the most. Clarke pulled her hand back and scosted to where she was sitting inches away from lexa and wrapped her arms around her clearly surprising lexa. 
“I was wrong, Lexa isn't cold and ruthless.” Lexa slowly wrapped her arms clarkes back, tugging her closer to her body. As they hugged clarks shivering seemed to slow and Lexa soon found out why when Clarke spoke next. 
“How are you so warm?” Clarke mumbled her voiced muffled by Lexa's shoulder. Lexa gave a small laughed.  Causing clarks breath hitch. Clarke listened to the husky voice that joked with her. 
“Your doctor clarke '' lexa said and clarke hummed in thought. 
“You have more muscle mass than me you heat up faster because of it” Clarke decided on her explanation, still not letting go of lexa, not that lexa was complaining. 
“Well exercise more and you would not be as cold '' Lexa teased and Clarke shook her head. 
“Hmmm i could or i could just keep using people as personal heaters.” Clarke smiled when Lexa laughed once more but her smile droped when  she started to think Lexa might  release her
“Oh and what if i'm not here for you to use as a heater” lexa challenged a smile on her face. 
“Hmm well I always have lincoln octavia, raven monty and niyla. Im almost never alone” clarke sighed and smiled even more when she realized that lexa wasn't going to stop the hug intel clarke pulled back. 
“Oh so thats what my people are then. Were all big scary bad guys for you to use for a heat source” alexa laughed again and Clarke loved the husky laugh that lexa produced. 
“No not all of them. Only the ones I really like '' Clarke yawned and her body started  to relax. Lkexa felt this but still did not push her away. 
“What makes us so special” lexa asked, smiling as she felt Clarke clearly falling asleep to the rain outside and unbeknown to lexa, lexa's voice. 
“Hmm” clarke thought to herself the sleepiness taking over here, the lack of sleep coming back to bit her in the ass
“When was the last time you sleep klark” lexa asked and got a small hum and a mumble for a reply 
“To long ago” and with that clark was asleep on lexa the smile stayed put as she move so that she had here back on  the door and clark's back was against her stomach the back seat was cramped but lexa made it work not wanting to wake up the sleeping blonde seeing that this was the first time she had actually sleep in a long time. Lexa listens to the rain outside the car die down then picks back up. Eventually she ended up asleep, her arms wrapped around clarks, waiting to protect her from the invisible dangers.